• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need some advice on creating a hologram pattern in photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to turn the attached photo into a digital photoshop file, but not sure what the best way to go about it. I have a repeatable dots texture, but how should I emulate the random rainbow inside those dots?

Hope this makes sense, and thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Here's one way to make that texture:

1. Fill a layer with 50% gray (#808080)
  2. Select the gray layer and go to Filter > Pixelate > Color Halftone
  3. The default settings should work, so click OK
  4. With that layer still selected, go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur and set it to a smallish radius that allows for the colors to still be seen but just a little blurred
  5. If you have already created a repeatable dots texture that includes black dots on a white background, then add that pattern to a layer above t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one way to make that texture:

1. Fill a layer with 50% gray (#808080)
  2. Select the gray layer and go to Filter > Pixelate > Color Halftone
  3. The default settings should work, so click OK
  4. With that layer still selected, go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur and set it to a smallish radius that allows for the colors to still be seen but just a little blurred
  5. If you have already created a repeatable dots texture that includes black dots on a white background, then add that pattern to a layer above the blurred layer
  6. With the dots layer selected, in the Layers panel, set the Blend mode to Lighten

If you need the gray texture in between the dots, you can make that pattern and use a copy of the black dots layer as a mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are awesome! Thank you so much, this worked and looks pretty close. I adjusted some settings around and added some things manually to the dots. It looks pretty close to the actual fabric, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines