• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No touchpad gestures on Windows 10 devices (with precision touchpad)

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gestures on the touchpad are currently not supported in nearly all Adobe CC Apps, Photoshop being one of them.

On Windows 10, there is no way to scroll diagonally on a touchpad, nor can you use a "pinch to zoom (in/out)" gesture. Scrolling is limited to horizontal and vertical dimensions, but only one dimension at a time.

I'm using a Surface Book 2. With its touchscreen, I am able to use these gestures. On the touchpad however, this isn't possible.

My workflow is heavily slowed down by this. I've been using a Macbook before and all gestures were supported - why isn't that the case on Windows?

Microsoft provides precision touchpad drivers for many devices. These drivers create a great touchpad experience on any device using them. It's the way forward for Windows10 laptops. Many programms use this, so there is no excuse why Adobe couldn't.

I would love being able to use these gestures. They would speed up everyone's workflow significantly and create an ease of use I come to expect from all of the Adobe CC Apps.

In Adobe XD, these gestures are available, although they are aren't smooth and a bit unresponsive. I'd suggest to fix those ones too.

Illustrator and InDesign aren't supported as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made the jump from Mac to Windows. Was shocked to find out about this and am very disappointed that it seems like Adobe doesn't care at all. Commented here to stay in the loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 still nothing. Anybody know a more efficient way to get adobes attention so windows users can get the same basic contols as mac users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I don't think that Adobe will ever include precision touhpad gestures as they are focused on deploying those gestures on touchscreen interfaces equiped Windows machines. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to purchase a PC for landscape architecture grad school--I previously only used Mac devices with Adobe products. This is absolutely maddening. Adobe, PLEASE FIX THIS. This is a basic functionality issue that really impedes the effectiveness of your software. Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK ACTUALLY I just had a breakthrough. If you hold the alt key it will let you essentially toggle back and forth between the two types of zoom features. Seen here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/illustrator-pinch-zoom-does-not-work-on-touch...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop 2024 just dropped and still no touch pad gestures on PC, yet there has been full support for the same pan, rotate, zoom gestures on PC touch screens for quite a while. The fact that they already already have the functionality coded for PC based touch screen and still haven't implemented on touchpads means that this issue boils down to adobe's total lack of giving a single F...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Normally I use photoshop with a touch screen, so i haven't really thought about it, but today I decide to work on my suface laptop studio for work instead of my desktop. 

Low and behold the touch pad experience is aweful. Why is every goddamned program archaic like this? Why does adobe not care about windows users? This and the senseless removal of the modifier keys panel is REALLY REALLY making me look for a permanent alternative even if i'm grandfathered into the $10 a month thing.

Why is photoshop so archaic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines