• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not Printing from new M2 MacBook Air

Participant ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting up new MacBook Air w/ M2 processor.  My first print job, using Canon MG3600 airprint, from updated Photoshop was unsuccessful.  Job never went to a q.  Kept trying all suggestions I could find online and then just a test print which worked, but I am still unable to print from Photoshop.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Have you tried installing the Canon driver? The Airprint driver is from Apple and often has less features.

You can go to your system preferences, delete the current driver, and install a new one.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

"Airprint" uses a version of the free UNIX Gimp Print / Gutenprint, it’s a blessing to have that when one uses an old printer and no maker's driver is available for the OS version - but lots of standard driver features are missing. I tripped over this a while back working on a client on site and eventually discovering we were missing the actual manufacturer's paper names. At that time it was quite a task to get rid of it.

Using Airprint's not going to install the manufacturer's ICC profiles eith

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried installing the Canon driver? The Airprint driver is from Apple and often has less features.

You can go to your system preferences, delete the current driver, and install a new one.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

josephlavine,

thank you for the suggestion. One of the things I had noticed was that on my macbook, the driver v. was 3.0 while on iMac it was 16.2....

I didn't see how to delete a driver, but I downloaded the latest from Canon and installed.  It works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Airprint" uses a version of the free UNIX Gimp Print / Gutenprint, it’s a blessing to have that when one uses an old printer and no maker's driver is available for the OS version - but lots of standard driver features are missing. I tripped over this a while back working on a client on site and eventually discovering we were missing the actual manufacturer's paper names. At that time it was quite a task to get rid of it.

Using Airprint's not going to install the manufacturer's ICC profiles either. 

Better to download the actual manufacturer's printer driver [if there is one] and when you install be sure NOT to select "Airprint" under "use" - this screenshot is an Epson install, but you'll see what I mean:

Name Epson Stylus Pro 4900.jpg

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines