Exit

OpenGL no longer working after latest update

Contributor ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I just updated to latst Photoshop CC 21.2.2

I can no longer use Rotate Canvas tool because "OpenCL" is now greyed out in the "Edit/Preferences/Performance/Advanced Settings..." menu

Does not matter wich Drawing Mode I am using (Basic/Normal/Advanced).

When I run Photoshop CC2018 it works fine, so this is nothing to do with graphics card. Unfortunately it is to do with latest update. 

Could someone please help, I really need this to work. Thank you 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to inform that I have reversed back to 21.1.1 and now the OpenCL is available again.

Maybe Adobe Team would like to take note of this. It seems 21.2.2 might have a bug with the OpenCL features. At least it does on my system. I would enjoy using 21.2.2 as there are some new features useful to me, but the lack of "Rotate Canvas" tool and the use of OpenCL features I cannot do without, so I must revert.

So to clarify, I upgraded from 21.1.1 to 21.2.2 and then back again. Please Adobe, have a look.

However, doing this has totally wiped out all my settings and preferences and has been a big nightmare to restore all of them. A reason why I am always so hesitant to upgrade Photoshop. I am worried a new update will completely mess up my PS installation/prefs/settings and cause all of this disruption. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines