• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening photoshop cc

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the program I see my recently opened photos. I also see part of my workspace (layers, paths, channels) in the lower right. Why? (image 1)

Also, even tho I have reset & customized my workspaces and saved them I find that when I close & reopen photoshop the workspaces have some of the functions in different areas. Why? (image 2)

image 1.jpgimage 2.jpgsailor842

[email address removed by moderator for your protection — this is a public forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Hi

Photoshop does that with panels that are floating and not docked. You can go to Window > Workspace and Reset your current space to dock your panels or you can doc them manually by dragging them into the drop zone.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/workspace-basics.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Photoshop does that with panels that are floating and not docked. You can go to Window > Workspace and Reset your current space to dock your panels or you can doc them manually by dragging them into the drop zone.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/workspace-basics.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That solved part 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I apologize profusely for asking, but what is part 1?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, when I open photoshop the layers, paths, channels workplace portion opens on the of the recent images.
If you look at the images I sent you'll see that in the right on top of my recent thumbnails.
It is annoying & I know that the fix is simple but I do not know what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the images are in the community post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you look at the sirst image it is in the lower right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sailor 842,

It's the same three groups of floating panels in both images, and either resetting the workspace or manually docking the panels will fix both problems.

Floating panels will appear on top of the other panels (or the image itself) as you see in your second screenshot. They will also appear in the front of the Welcome Screen. Docked panels will not. Resetting your workspace from the Window menu will fix both issues.

• The panel group in the lower right has Layers, Paths, and Channels, and it it floating.
  • The Info panel is in a group with something else and that group is floating.
  • The Actions panel is by its self and is floating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, Sailor842. I'm glad it's working for you! 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines