• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: GPU issues on macOS/MacBook Pro 15" (image turns black switching tabs)

LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

a Photoshop forum user suggested me to post here my issues with Photoshop and a MacBook Pro 15" GPU. So here I am! I don't know if it is better to report here the same text, so to start I invite you to take a look to the original post here.

I really hope in a fast and official feedback.

Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andrew_sender thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi *cloudres , we're still here.  Our engineers are working with a number of fixes where Photoshop is improperly or not recovering fallback from the GPU to CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's one GPU card of a AMD Radeon Pro 555.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already done 😕 Take a look to my first answer to you, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem also without using Nik Collection plugins. So I'm not totally agree. 

Randomly when I works on more files, PSD or NEF, zooming or something like that, then the more powerful GPU turn off and I need to restart Photoshop to use again the discrete video card.

I repeat, I never had this kind of problems before. It is something related to updates of this year. Many people seems to have similar problems.

Could you help me?

To answer to your last question, I use Nik Collection since 10 years. It is part of my workflow as freelancer photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JeffreyTranberry it seems that I can't share more than 10000 characters here, so here you'll find it on my DropBox.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Closer to this problem, on same machine 2017 with 4 core и7 and 16 Gb of RAM, when opening files (nevermind jpg psd or whatever) file renders as broken somehow.... something like repeating scaled preview.... 

disabling Native canvas in preferences/Technology Previews seems resolved the problem.....

The bigest problem now is that latest update to Photoshop 25 brings me a lot of lag.... when loading application, when opening file, when working with text....
It's seems that mac needs some time between opening app, and loading file... like needs time to cash everything that's needed....
Same lag, and on file close.... even mouse going to be slugish for some second when Photoshop closing....

I was with the believe that this macbook is enought powerful, but may be Im in some self-delusion....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines