• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Graphics card not detected in Photoshop 22.3.1 on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I update Photoshop CC2021 to vers 22.3.1 on 4-14-2021. Now photoshop does not recognizes the graphic accelerator.

I have a Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050Ti Graphic card never had any problems before when updating. I had to revert back to vers. 22.3 to make it work again.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-64828}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 in which we have included some bug fixes related to the "GPU not getting detected" in Photoshop. Please update Photoshop to the 22.4 version and let us know your feedback. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 355 Replies 355
Explorer ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first intelligent, and incredibly simple solution to the problem.  With the many many many comments that people have posted with the same problem, it's shocking (shockingly disappointing) that Adobe hasn't piped in with this solution.  Instead, the suggestions that all of a sudden people need to update Windows and update their graphic card drivers seems like either a clueless response or an insulting response... if everything worked up until Adobe releases 22.3.1, then it seems pretty obvious that Windows and graphic card updates are not the problem.

So, I did what you suggested and voila--success!  So thank you for posting your solution!  I'm going to type in in below so I can copy/paste my reply for others to see as well...

If you've just installed Photoshop 22.3.1 and noticed that your graphics card is now unknown/unrecognized (Preference>Performanc), then fear not...the below solution might save you from have to revert back to an earlier version of Photoshop.  (Ignore others advice to update display drivers, etc, until you've tried the below solution):

• Edit > Preferences > General
  • Click Reset Preferences on Quit, click OK, and close Photoshop

After re-opening Photosop, check to see if your GPU support has returned (Preference>Performance)

For reference, the appropriate Adobe article can be found here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, 22.3.1 does not recongise my graphic card. I tried reseting my preferences but that only works once. I have to reset and re-open every single time I want to use Photoshop. It's getting tiresome. Rolling back to old version now until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep... I too was excited that the resetting of preferences was the solution, but like you, it didn't "stick".  So I reluctantly did what has been suggested by others.  That is, go to your Device Manager (Windows) and the look at your Display Adapters.  You likely have two... your NVIDIA (or similar) and an Intel UHD 630... DISABLE the Intel UHD 630 (right-mouse click on it and choose Disable).  That should solve your Photoshop problem...it will now recognize your graphics card.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! Thanks for your reply

I only have one graphic card and my display adaptors showing only that one (AMD Radeon...)

But thanks for your advice! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, same problem in here with my Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
I've downgraded to previous version (22.3) and all good now.
I will wait for the next version to see if it's good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep... I too was excited that the resetting of preferences was the solution, but like you, it didn't "stick".  So I reluctantly did what has been suggested by others.  That is, go to your Device Manager (Windows) and the look at your Display Adapters.  You likely have two... your NVIDIA (or similar) and an Intel UHD 630... DISABLE the Intel UHD 630 (right-mouse click on it and choose Disable).  That should solve your Photoshop problem...it will now recognize your graphics card.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting, I will try that 🙂 Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fixed this problem by downgrading. Again. Photoshop decided it didn't like the Type Tool or the concept of "font" anymore and part of my five hour troubleshooting process was updating to 22.3.1

That unlocked the super cool "GPU Not Recognized" feature Adobe was so excited to launch, my entire CC environment then imploded and I wasted almost an entire work day rolling this rediculous boulder uphill.

This is why I ALWAYS run at least one full version behind in all my Adobe software. I'm tired of wasting precious work time and paying for the privalage of being beta tester. And calling support? As of last December the moment the tech realizes my problem isn't fixed with a simple reboot they quickly ramble something about contacting my computer manufacturer, tell me my case is now closed and hang up on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How you all are reverting to the old 22.3? My CC Manager is not showing that option since at least the past month. This bug is infuriating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this... go to your Device Manager (Windows) and the look at your Display Adapters.  You likely have two... your NVIDIA (or similar) and an Intel UHD 630... DISABLE the Intel UHD 630 (right-mouse click on it and choose Disable).  That should solve your Photoshop problem...it will now recognize your graphics card. 

Solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--
null

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried disabling one, then the other, and neither fixed my problem. Only downgrading fixed it.

video cards.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One year ago I bought a Radeon 5700 XT, pretty much AMD's best card at that time, to replace a Geforce 970 that I found was providing, according to PS, only "basic" acceleration. Good: I sold the 970 a few months ago for more than I paid five years ago, owing to the current graphics card shortage. Bad: Whereas until a few months ago PS was working sporadically (I found if I started Lightroom first PS would then recognize my 5700 XT), now only LR and Camera Raw accept the card. 22.3.1 has me wishing I hadn't sold the 970.

So, about 40,000,000 Photoshop users seem to be in agreement that various cards, both ancient and recent, stopped working with 22.3.1, yet the only response I've seen from Adobe is basically "update your drivers" and "go through the GPU troubleshooting guide" (and my second GPU, on my i7-8700K, was already disabled). Has anybody actually seen a statement like "Yes, it's a bug, and we're working on it" or at least "Sorry, we're no longer supporting those cards (optional: "for the following reason"?

I was lucky to acquire said 5700 XT below the retail price, as it was just before mining exploded. I could sell it immediately, used and no questions asked, for triple what I paid! But then I'd have no accleration throughout the entire suite (in LR and CR), as no contemporary graphics cards are affordable that are likely to be recognized by PS.

Adobe, what should I do? Would it be worth it to spend my time parsing the internet for a clue as to how to get my 5700 XT recognized again? Or should I simply use allocate those hours to a part-time job in order to earn the cash it's gonna take to buy a different card (which won't be from AMD)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a well known issue and the amount of complaints since 22.3 and 22.3.1 has been massive. A lot of perfectly standard and mainstream cards have not been recognized by Photoshop.

Yes, we've finally heard back from Adobe (on the feedback site) that they're working on a fix. IOW, a bug has been acknowledged. So be patient a little longer, and in the meantime, roll back to a version that works. For most this will be either 22.3 or 22.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pathetic this keeps happening every few months to a piece of CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with up-to-date drivers supported in Illustrator. Laptop using GTX 1660 Ti. Rolling back to 22.3 worked to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys! My photoshop frequently shows a problem with my video card (Nvidia Geforce MX110 2GB). When I open the program sometimes it doesn't read the video card, because of this, some functionalities can't be used. One of these functionalities is Scrubby Zoom, that for me is very useful. I already installed the latest update for the video card driver, but the problem is still there.

I want to know if someone has the same problem and if has, how resolve this? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer. You can check if your graphics card meets the minimum requirements for Photoshop 22.3.1 here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

If the graphics card meets the minimum requirements, you can check out the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

If the issue persists, please roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what worked for me...  

go to your Device Manager (Windows) and the look at your Display Adapters.  You likely have two... your NVIDIA (or similar) and an Intel UHD 630... DISABLE the Intel UHD 630 (right-mouse click on it and choose Disable).  That should solve your Photoshop problem...it will now recognize your graphics card.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Photoshop update is having issues recognizing/utilizing mid-range GPUs. It is recommended to roll back to the previous PS build until an update addressing this is posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what worked for me...  

go to your Device Manager (Windows) and the look at your Display Adapters.  You likely have two... your NVIDIA (or similar) and an Intel UHD 630... DISABLE the Intel UHD 630 (right-mouse click on it and choose Disable).  That should solve your Photoshop problem...it will now recognize your graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that can be one reason - but Photoshop 22.3.1 does have issues with single cards too. It's been acknowledged as a bug and a fix is in the pipeline. In the meantime, as Kevin suggests: roll back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this with: right-click on your Adobe Photoshop 2021 and select run as administrator. Now the GPU is visible and working in Photoshop again. Running version 22.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thing on my end. GPU UNKNOWN - Radeon 5700XT. Got latest photoshop and latest AMD drivers. This is ridiculous... a subscription based PROFESSIONAL GRAPHICS software that does not recognize graphics cards.... mind blowing.... some free software gets this right and Adobe can't....

-------
Rafal Borowski Design - www.borowski.design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines