• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Graphics card not detected in Photoshop 22.3.1 on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I update Photoshop CC2021 to vers 22.3.1 on 4-14-2021. Now photoshop does not recognizes the graphic accelerator.

I have a Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050Ti Graphic card never had any problems before when updating. I had to revert back to vers. 22.3 to make it work again.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-64828}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 in which we have included some bug fixes related to the "GPU not getting detected" in Photoshop. Please update Photoshop to the 22.4 version and let us know your feedback. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 355 Replies 355
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See above. It's a known issue with the latest release. Just use the CC desktop app to roll back to a previous build until a fix is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rollback feature was removed many versions ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if your comments is a matter of semantics or not...  You're right that there is no "rollback" option in the Creative Cloud app.  But you can uninstall a version, and install a previous version, which in all practical terms rolls you back to a prior version.

That said, I was successful in getting the latest version to work once I disabled the "offending" second graphics card on my computer.  go to your Device Manager (Windows) and the look at your Display Adapters.  You likely have two... your NVIDIA (or similar) and an Intel UHD 630... DISABLE the Intel UHD 630 (right-mouse click on it and choose Disable).  That should solve your Photoshop problem...it will now recognize your graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But doing that will remove all my previous settings and I have a very customized workpace, set of actions, custom keyboard shortcuts. Im not sure how many of those can be saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this with: right-click on your Adobe Photoshop 2021 and select run as administrator. Now the GPU is visible and working in Photoshop again. Running version 22.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was very skeptic and very sure you were trolling, but I'll be damned, it worked! Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same here...22.4 works for me now too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 in which we have included some bug fixes related to the "GPU not getting detected" in Photoshop. Please update Photoshop to the 22.4 version and let us know your feedback. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works so far on XPS15 9500 with Nividia 1650 ti. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update isn't showing up yet anywhere (in the Creative Cloud app for Windows 10, for example). I guess I'll just have to be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into the Creative Cloud desktop app and go under the Help menu and "Check for Updates". That forced a refresh for me that then showed 22.4 as available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it (or it took a few minutes for the update to cross the Atlantic to Germany).

My 5700 XT has now been detected.

Note, at the same time, that it was necessary for me to go into Advanced Settings and set the Drawing Mode from "Basic" to "Advanced". I'm assuming my lil' ol' card will still handle that.

Thank you Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 22.4, still choppy on my end.

My graphics card is an AMD.

Going back to 22.3...AGAIN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update did not fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.4 worked for me...thankfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated and still not working. Huawei laptop, AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics.

Ive tried resetting preferences but still no good. Back to 22.3.0...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated and still has not fixed issue.  Continues to have GPU options greyed out in the Performance window, so I can't even adjust settings.  Tried forcing use of Nvidia card (even though I have only one display adapter) via the Nvidia driver panel and manually changing all Pshop to default to Nvidia and still have the issue.

Yes.  Windows is up to date.  Yes.  Graphics drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which NVidia driver you have install, the Game Ready Driver (GRD) or the Studio Driver (SD)?

If  you have the GRD driver installed please try to install the Studio Driver and do a clean installation of the driver. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears there is no studio driver available for my Nvidia card (looks like this might be a laptop thing?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU accelerattion options in Performance are all still greyed out.  Everything still works fine on 22 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21 I mean to say still works perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which card you've build in?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GeForce GT640

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. I've checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines