• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Pen Tool Not Working as it should

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated Photoshop to v22.3 (10 March 2021). When I try to use the Pen Tool it puts the nodes in but doesn't create a linking line. I have closed everything and re-started my PC but the error still there. I've been trying to find a way to report this to Adobe but this is the only feedback area I can find. I have been using Photoshop for over 20 years and using the Pen Tool all that time. I need to complete a job but I'm now stuck as I need this tool.

Can I uninstall this update?

Anyone else having this problem?

Do Adobe monitor this feed?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 370 Replies 370
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with "Adobe stop breaking things" part.

Why updating the app so frequently if not fixing this known issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your criticism is valid Simaon. They simply should not release an update unless it is fully tested and working properly in every function. We pay for this every month - it's not like it's freeware!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't so much a criticism Christoph, more an observation.

I'm very aware that mistakes happen and things get missed but the purpose of having a large group of pre-release testers is to try and avoid releasing upgrades which break fundamental parts of the majority of users workflow.

Of course there will always be little things that only occur in very specific circumstances that slip through the net . It's just the big things that are frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it’s not worth giving the Photoshop team a hard time about stuff like this happening – it’s not like I myself haven’t made mistakes in my own work, they just don’t affect that many people, I guess. 

The nub is whether bugs gets fixed in a timely fashion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be effecting many users both on Windows and mac, so hopefully it will get fixed in the next update.

However i have not seen an official response from adobe yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Photoshop is not displaying the Paths display feedback  correctly it effecting all vector tools.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making a dummy Work Path seems to be a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does maintaining an unneeded Work Path make a difference? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed once a path is saved or copied -re-editing is a car crash

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it does. 

Just KEEP a Work Path. 

You need not work on the Work Path, it just needs to be there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. This doesn't work if I duplicate an exisiting path and edit, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works a treat, thank you! Hopefully bug is fixed soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, why not fixing it already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

extremely frustrating and unreliable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that the missing bug-fix is annoying, but the issue itself is so easily worked around. 

Is it really worth rolling back just so you don’t have to keep a Work Path when working on named Paths? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This pathing issue is now becoming a joke, why can Adobe not fix what is one of the most basic elements within the programme. Update to the latest version and it doesn't work... go back to the old version that does work. Repeat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let’s hope for 22.3.2 … 

In the meantime back to the work-around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem persists with 22.3.1...
It worked for 10 minutes, then returned to the previous erroneous behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update...... I just downloaded the latest version 22.3.1 and it looks like everything is back to normal and works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As has been mentioned several times in the last month. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making a blank 'working path' allows you to connect your points again in the path you saved.  Appears the app just needs a live working path to be recognized. Just verified on 22.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction to my previous post. If the path is saved or copied then re-editing is a mess. Yes the issues does affect Windows.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am working on a Windows 10 machine and I have this problem. I'm definitely going back to the previous version now. The work arounds don't work every time and I don't have time to keep getting stuck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on Mac, so it seems very well possible that Windows users are unaffected by this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Mac only issue - it appears to work on Windows 10?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines