• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 24.3 Strobes in Black and White when Opening files

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when attempting to open a photo in Photoshop on my HP Laptop, details below, the photo appears in the layers tab bottom right, but not in the workspace /desktop: It is a constant Black / White strobe. The desktop /workspace flashes Black and white

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎24/‎03/‎2021
OS build 19044.2604
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Hi All,

Apologies for the flashing/strobing you're experiencing when opening files, this tends to affect older graphics cards (GPU) that don't support all of the aspects of DirectX 12.

For Windows:

1. Update Photoshop to version 24.5 or later
  2. Enable the Older GPU Mode option in Preferences > Technology Previews > “Use Older GPU Mode (pre 2016)"
  3. Check if there's a GPU driver update available and update if so

For macOS:

1. Update Photoshop to version 24.5 or later
  2. Update to a newer or latest ma

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

We would like to find out if there are any of you on Windows for whom:

A. Use Older GPU Mode is Checked, and

B. Deactivate Native canvas is Unchecked, and

C. are still experiencing this strobing issue with a GPU that supports DirectX 12?

If so, could you please provide Photoshop's Help > System Info dialog text in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 1249 Replies 1249
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bugger.  Now you have told him the secret, you are going to have to 'eliminate' him with extreme prejudice. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not see Technology Previews after Preferences >...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sheldon29684192sboc 

Please show a screenshot of your Preferences panel. Also: what is your exact version of Photoshop?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apology I did find the preference and all is good.

Thank you,

Sheldon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.

Sheldon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wer kann hier weiterhelfen. Sämtliche Update von PS > 24.2.1 führen auf meiner Seite zu einem Fehlverhalten von Photoshop. Ich kann keine Bilder öffnen. Sobald ein Bild importiert/geöffnet werden soll, flimmert die ganze Bearbeitungsfläche. Installiere ich wieder die Version 24.2.1 kann ich wie gewohnt arbeiten. Mit den neuen Versionen ist dies leider nicht möglich. Gemäss Systemüberprüfung von Adobe ist aber anscheinend alles in Ordnung. Was läuft hier falsch???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open photoshop>edit>preferences>technology preview>check "disable native canvas"

then restart photoshop

===============================================

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the quick and corrective adjustment. now everything works perfectly again. Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're Welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfekt, das hat auch mir sehr geholfen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open a file with my Photoshop v24.3 updated 2 days ago it starts flickering and the application is unuable. I've Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with NVIDIA. I can't speak with the support because I don't find any phone number to call. Is there anyone that has the same problem and maybe resolved it? I guess it is the update. Before it, things were ok and I could work properly.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vero solutionsv22719523 go to Edit > Preferences > Technology Previews and enable this option, then restart Photoshop

2023-03-25 10_03_30-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I followed your instructions and the problem is now solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Ged, you've saved me a lot of time and anxiety!  I followed your intructions and I can now use PS again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Shastajak17 you're welcome too 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gred, 

I had the same issue but your solution helped me out! It works, I can finally use my Photoshop again, Tysm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I was so stressed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Finally something that worked!
Shame on you Adobe, for not being able to give a simples fix like this for an issue (that you shouldn't even have).
Shame. On. You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shame on you Adobe,

By @denisragnus

The flickering issue only affects computers with older GPUs. Adobe offers a checkbox to deactivate the Native Canvas, but the other solution is to update your GPU to one that supports DirectX 12 (Microsoft).

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case the Deactivating Native Canvas didn't work. The solution for me was to check the "Older GPU mode" (and realize I must to get me a new one soon!)

aassaas_1-1682671854316.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOLA MI PHOTOSHOP DESDE QUE SE ACTUALIZO A LA ULTIMA VERSION NO ANDA, TITILA Y NO PUEDO HACER NADA, NI CON UN ARCHIVO YA ARMADO NI TAMPOCO CUANDO ABRO UN ARCHIVO NUEVO DESDE CERO.. NO SE QUE HACER, YA LO DESINSTALE Y VOLVI A INSTALAR Y SIGUE HACIENDO LO MISMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try enabling "Deactivate Native Canvas" in General Preferences and restarting Photoshop; better?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GRACIAS! FUNCIONO! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines