• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 24.3 Strobes in Black and White when Opening files

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when attempting to open a photo in Photoshop on my HP Laptop, details below, the photo appears in the layers tab bottom right, but not in the workspace /desktop: It is a constant Black / White strobe. The desktop /workspace flashes Black and white

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎24/‎03/‎2021
OS build 19044.2604
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Hi All,

Apologies for the flashing/strobing you're experiencing when opening files, this tends to affect older graphics cards (GPU) that don't support all of the aspects of DirectX 12.

For Windows:

1. Update Photoshop to version 24.5 or later
  2. Enable the Older GPU Mode option in Preferences > Technology Previews > “Use Older GPU Mode (pre 2016)"
  3. Check if there's a GPU driver update available and update if so

For macOS:

1. Update Photoshop to version 24.5 or later
  2. Update to a newer or latest ma

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

We would like to find out if there are any of you on Windows for whom:

A. Use Older GPU Mode is Checked, and

B. Deactivate Native canvas is Unchecked, and

C. are still experiencing this strobing issue with a GPU that supports DirectX 12?

If so, could you please provide Photoshop's Help > System Info dialog text in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 1249 Replies 1249
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Cre_J enable this option in preferences and restart Photoshop

2023-03-22 14_19_38-Adobe Photoshop 2023.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor Thank you! That solved the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Cre_J you're welcome 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just did the last update in photoshop 2023 version 24.3 on my pc ,  ( my plan is included with creative cloud) and I have a huge bug. 

When I try to open a file or any kind of images the screen start to flash like a stoboscop, black and white. I'm totally enable to work with it.. 

I tried to restart my computer but didn't fixed the problem. 

I need photoshop every day for work and this doesn't help at all, worked just fine before the update.

how do I fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Julie29012076aw4p did you try the setting above, deactivate native canvas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it worked! Thank you!

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did the March 2023 PS update. Windows.  Now every file I try to open comes onscreen flashing black and white.  [profanity removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @The Doctor Go to Photoshop Preferences/Technology Preview and check “Disable Native Canvas”. Then check “Use Older GPU Mode (2016)”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also want to check your GPU for driver updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried both of those, same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@The Doctor go to Photoshop/Preferences/Performance and turn off Use Graphics Processor and restart PS - any difference?

If yes, it means an issue with the graphics card.

If not, go to Photoshop Help Menu/System Info and copy/paste details in a reply. Post only once as the system takes time to process the large amount of data. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The  Disable Native Canvas”. Then check “Use Older GPU Mode (2016)”. part  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me with the March 2023 update, the below fixed my issue. Appreciate the help @kevin stohlmeyer 

"go to Photoshop/Preferences/Performance and turn off Use Graphics Processor and restart PS "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

La dernière MAJ de Photoshop v 24.3 frait flasher l'image et on ne voit que du blanc qui clignote. Effet stroboscopique.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai oublié : depuis le temps, c'est la première fois que ça se produit. J'ai eu des petits bugs (version française et certains points en anglais), mais rien d'aussi handicapant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop updated this morning and this afternoon when I tried to process some images it will not open any images either via Lightroom or directly imported from my my explorer files. They open in Camera Raw but just get a constanst white screen flashing in photoshop with the thumbnail of the image visible in the layers panel ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @steven5D55 try going to Photoshop Preferences/Technology Preview and check “Disable Native Canvas”. Then check “Use Older GPU Mode (2016)”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error. Photoshop updated this morning and now will not open files. I get a white screen that flashes quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nielsj98942445 did you try the suggested solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix suggested by Kevin workes for me. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Adobe Photoshop, I got problems: opening any file, or creating a new file, instead of the artboard & layers, appeared black and white color screen. How to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!image 1.pngimage 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @yevah31811871 Go to Photoshop Preferences/Technology Preview and check “Disable Native Canvas”. Then check “Use Older GPU Mode (2016)”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done)) That worked. Thank you so much😊!Image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need help!
I've opened PS today and its all just white strobe flashes. Yesterday everything was okay and the program reported no problems. I closed computer regularly.
I have the newest version of PS installed.
I've reinstalled it twice and closed computer two times already. I've removed all previos settings and preferences.

Graphic card is good - everything else is working: Illustrator, After Effects ...

What's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines