Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Save For Web error A write permissions error has occurred Photoshop 22.1.1

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using the PS 22.1.1 version and when I try to save for web I get the error. "Adobe Save For Web Error A write permissions error has occurred " 

Any help?

{Thread title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Hi there,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the permissions related error when you're trying to save a file using the Save for Web option in Photoshop.

Thanks for sharing the version info. Could you please let us know the macOS version you're working with?

Could you please try granting Read and Write permissions to the Adobe folder at the locations mentioned in the link: Required permissions for Photoshop

If that doesn't help, then try creating a new user account on the Mac & let us know

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Hello,

I just solved this problem on my Mac by doing 2 things. Unfortionately I don't know which one solved the issue, but you can check individually if you have this problem.

I disabled Dropbox Backup (Documents and Desktop) und uninstalled GoodSync. Now I can use 'Save For Web' again!

I have a feeling Dropbox Backup Desktop was the issue. Have a try.

Hope I could help....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

You are completely right, I was the one that said the problem originated in Dropbox. If anyone does not know how to unsync the backup from dropbox, here's the procedure:

Click the Dropbox icon in your system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac). 
Click your profile picture or initials.
Click Preferences.
Click the Backups tab. (Previously Import tab)
Click Manage backup. 
Uncheck the folders you’d like to remove from Dropbox or toggle all files to Off. 
Click Save.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 129 Replies 129
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings fellow Photoshop users experiencing "Adobe Save for Web Error". I have tried all those suggestions. I have also tried swearing at the computer and banging my head. They don't work either. I strongly NOT recommend the latter solution. What I DID find worked for me (on my Mac desktop, Big Sur OS) is uninstall Photoshop AND remove the icon/alias from your dock. Install the latest version of Photoshop. Open it. Then save the "new" icon/alias to your dock. It worked for me. MY guess is that the old icon/alias is connected still to the older/corrupt version of Photoshop.

Let me know if that works for you also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is THE SOLUTION, I did it and it worked! Thank you b.diskin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED FOR ME! >> So I did the lazy mans version of what b.diskin just suggested. I really didnt want to uninstall PS. This is the steps that I just did and it worked for me! I had a document open in PS, I grabbed the PS icon on my dock and removed it (it will still stay until you close PS and then dissapear), closed and exited photoshop (icon goes away now), then just reopened PS. Thats it and I was able to save for web! 

TLDR:

1. Removed PS icon from dock with Photshop open (icon disapeares on next step)

2. closed & exit Photshop completly

3. Restart Photshop an try saving for web again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have found a solution to this issue on accident as I was trying to resolve another similar issue running a script in After Efects. My Dropbox preferences were set to Backup my Desktop and once I turned off (unchecked) that setting now Save for Web is now working just fine. 

Dropbox > Preferences > Backups > Uncheck "Desktop" (and I also unchecked Documents and Downloads while I was at it)

I'm curious if anyone finds that this resolves their issues with Save for Web too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!  This worked for me.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortenately the trick didn't work for me. On Big Sur 11.4 and latest photoshop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED. Thanks b.diskin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-05-31 at 12.46.06 PM.png

Hi, may i know is this correct? this is under Application folder 

I still cannot save for web

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similiar issue before that was cause by a backup or sync i had set up. When that didnt work this time I tried the PS icon undocking that I posted above. However, if the undocking PS method didnt work for you, maybe you could try stopping any file sync or backup going on and then restart your computer. Sometimes that will reset the permission issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Big Sur 11.2 and PS 22.1.1

I was exporting images, tried with my next folder, and it gave me the error. Googled this and obviously it's a bug. 

Using the globe to save for now, but what a pain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. No other software affected so won't be setting up a new profile to make it work. The preview workaround is helpful but this bug needs to be sorted 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just solved this problem on my Mac by doing 2 things. Unfortionately I don't know which one solved the issue, but you can check individually if you have this problem.

I disabled Dropbox Backup (Documents and Desktop) und uninstalled GoodSync. Now I can use 'Save For Web' again!

I have a feeling Dropbox Backup Desktop was the issue. Have a try.

Hope I could help....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

Disabling Dropbox Backup (Documents and Desktop) indeed did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that but still no dice. It gets FURTHER in the process...but still ends with a pernisions error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does work to disable Dropbox Back-up - thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep ! this worked ! thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huzzah! A simple solution I would have not thoght of exploring in trubbleshooting. My graditude to slimMedia for savine me much time and effort with convoluted workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, so much!! I was on a deadline and this (the disabling Dropbox Backup) fixed it. I greatly appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling Dropbox Backup was the solution for me — much appreciated. I was getting tired of that workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

slimMedia, you are a genius! 🙏 Thank you!

Disabling Dropbox Backup (Documents and Desktop) worked for me.

This should be at the top of the first page as a "Correct Answer". Tried all the other options and none of them worked. Disable Dropbox FTW. 🙌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 🙂 This works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was surprised this worked. Also surprised that dropbox is preventing me from doing something I do all the time...might get rid of dropbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Disabling Dropbox backup also helped for me!

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THNX slimMedia!
This solved my problem to - but it's kinda crazy that the problem hasn't been solved from Adobes side.
The problem Dropbox/Photoshop has been around for quite some time now 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOT DAMN! The Dropbox trick worked. MacBook Pro 12.0.1 PS 2022. Thank you, sir!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines