• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Painting by clicking and dragging not working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone. I'm having a strange trouble with my brush tool. I'm using the latest version of PS and it happens with pen or mouse, even if my tablet is disabled.

When I try to paint by clicking and dragging the mouse to the area I want to paint I cant just keep painting by holding the click. For example, if I have a 100% white background and start painting of black with my brush opacity 50% and flow 100%, it doesn't get darker as longer I hold the click. It has a limit. The painted layer gets grey and to paint again I have to click another time. Looks like holding the click works only as one click and do not paint twice the same area, i have to click again.

The expected result is while I hold the click, the brush will keep painting, like a lots of clicks separated. Doesn't matter if the opacity is set 50%, if I hold for enough time it will became 100% black, and not grey.

I've been using Photoshop to work for 3 years and is the first time I see this happening. I've already reseted my brush tool, installed another version and reinstalled the software, but the issue continues. I'm using the latest version of Windows OS.

I made a video to show the problem.
Thank you everyone.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not an employee of Adobe, I'm just a personal one user of Adobe.
Isn't 50% gray at a click and drag correct? I think that's the problem if you keep rubbing it while clicking and it turns black.
If you want the brush to get darker as you move the cursor, change the opacity to 100% and lower the flow.....

If I understand correctly, it's a matter of opactiy and flow setting, and if I misunderstood, I'm sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. Thanks for your attention

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paint in Photoshop will max out at the value set for Opacity. You can change flow value to build up to the set opacity percentage. If you want paint applied while holding in one place you would enable the Airbrush option on the options bar, which corresponds to the Build up item in the Brush Settings panel.

The behavior you are expecting can be achieved with 100% opacity and a low flow say around 20%. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. Now it's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might find this helpful.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/painting-tools.html

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines