PANTONE F+H Cotton TCX as Adobe Color Book .acb

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Want to check with you guys at Adobe if there will be any updates so I can export the new Pantone TCX colors as .acb library from Pantone Color Manager.

Please see my conversation below with Pantone support:
I also wanted to ask why it´s not possible to export the PANTONE F+H Cotton TCX as Adobe Color Book, with the extension .acb? Before the new 315 color update it was possible??

To be able to build files with Spot Color Channels in Photoshop you need that library with the extension .acb.

Reply from Pantone:

Adobe Color Book files (.ACB files) are based on Book ID numbers Adobe provides us to associate with the digital colour libraries we have and the Pantone FHI Paper TPG or cotton TCX does not have a Book ID number from Adobe.  This is why they are only available as .ASE (Adobe Swatch Exchange) or .ACO (Adobe colour files).  The FHI Paper TPG or TCX library will export into the Photoshop Swatches tool (not Colour Libraries) as it exports as a .ACO file due to not having a Book ID number.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the exact same question.

I bought TPG fans+specifier from Pantone and now can't use it with the most efficient (for me) tool in Photoshop (Colour Libraries) to start matching the colours to "real life" since .acb isn't available. With the previous TCX + TPX it worked like a charm. I'm frustrated and disappointed 😞

Can you please fix this!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would very much appreciate that, too!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To export colorbooks from Ai , all the books will be in there
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2022\Presets\en_US\Swatches\Color Books

To export colorbooks from Pantone Color manager
1) Open Color Book
2) Click File
3) Click Export Color Book
4) Select Whatever program you want to export the book for

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines