• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste in place not working properly in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'paste in place' function in photoshop seems to have stopped working when an image is over the edge of the artboard. Instead the image is pasted inside the artboard. 

Any ideas how to fix this? Is there a setting somewhere that has changed?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Okay so it turns out there is a bug  that needs to be fixed in v21.0.1 and v21.0

The version which has correctly operating paste in place is 20.0.7

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Hello, did you try updating to 21.1, released today, there is a fix for paste in place listed in the release notes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use Artboards. Are you sure that Paste in Places supports pasting outside the artboard area. Where would the place be that the clipboard would be pasted in place.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou JJMack for your response.

Yes - I've been using it for 2 years to create repeat pattern tiles.

It's also used as standard by pattern designers.

Paste in place means that the image is copied and pasted in exactly the same place in the same document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even in normal document I only seem to use Paste and Paste Into.  I do not know if there is a different between Paste and Paste In Place. Its amazing even having used Photoshop for 20+ years I did not know the exact operation of an operation like Paste in Place. Now I do.  Paste in Placed center the pasted layer  like a drag and drop with the shift key pressed. When I edit it seems I drag and drop  between document and in  a documents  I do a copy paste move actually Ctrl+J move.  One develops habits using Photoshop and also forget things they might have known..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so it turns out there is a bug  that needs to be fixed in v21.0.1 and v21.0

The version which has correctly operating paste in place is 20.0.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just about to post this bug. It's been here since release and can't believe they've still not fixed it. Such a huge bug for an image editting program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same issue and i have been updating photoshop, right now the version 21.0.2 does not have the problem fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and it still hasn't been fixed in mid January!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you try updating to 21.1, released today, there is a fix for paste in place listed in the release notes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have updated PS to 21.1.2 and still have the issue with paste in place. Each time that I use the paste in place command, the image does not actually paste in place, it pastes in the general area. Could you please help?

Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted another question, about this exact thing, but now I found your question. So I am saddened to know that this is a problem that still hasn't been fixed. I too use PS for patterns but have been trying out the textile designer for the past 6 months. I decided I don't like it and went back to manually using my actions. Now my actions don't work. If an item is even slightly ON the canvas the paste in place works. But unfortunately for half-drop repeats and being able to extract a tile for patterns you need items off the canvas. Hopefully, they fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just see this solution in another post, and work for me:

Create a new layer, fill with white. Link it to the layer you want to copy.

Drag both to new document and snap white to edges, delete white layer.

Wait I just see another important thing. Be sure that both of your files haves the same resolution!

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW WHO  wants to go through that process? I'd rather use Procreate. why is photoshop getting away with this? Fix it guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, is the issue triggered only whith Artboards, when an image touches the edges?

The team might need repeatable steps in order to fix the issue.

Pinging @CoryShubert 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines