• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasting in vanishing point does not work

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i do everything you are supposed to do in vanishing point,i create the area in vanishing point, make sure it shows the grid, i copy the image i want to put ni it. But when i go to paste, the grid lines dissapear and the image doesnt paste

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Hi Jumpingeal,

Before pasting, have you properly created your planes? Are the grids showing in blue color? It would help to see a screen shot of the image with your vanishing point grids in place just prior to pasting.

Here is a pretty detailed page on how to use the vanishing point tool - perhaps you could let us know where the process breaks. Note that the section on pasting is about two-thirds of the way down the page, but the prior information is very useful if you're new to vanishing point:

Use Vanishing Point in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

We have the same problem, but sometimes it works and sometimes not, I think it's one those adobe's experimental options, never gets complete or works smooth. I have to spend hours every time to get my result, so it is not worth it anymore, I'm trying to find an alternative

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jumpingeal,

Before pasting, have you properly created your planes? Are the grids showing in blue color? It would help to see a screen shot of the image with your vanishing point grids in place just prior to pasting.

Here is a pretty detailed page on how to use the vanishing point tool - perhaps you could let us know where the process breaks. Note that the section on pasting is about two-thirds of the way down the page, but the prior information is very useful if you're new to vanishing point:

Use Vanishing Point in Photoshop

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He told you where it breaks and your answer isn't an answer. It's long winded nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! I had this problem after watching a tutorial but I figured out that you're not supposed to leave the vanishing point screen. DON'T PRESS OK. just paste and adjust from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. But I made the plans and my lines are blue, and yet I can not paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you first selecting the layer to paste ctrl-a or cmd-a, then copying too the clipboard ctrl-c or cmd-c, then in Vanishing Point make sure the selection tool is active and press ctrl-v or cmd v on the keyboard. Sometimes the pasted object will come in at a gigantic size, so zoom out and use the transform tool to adjust the dimensions. Now drag the imported image onto the perspective plane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the answer to the problem. Not clicking Crtl A becor copying the layer in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. This fixed it. Thank you Terri!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Just missed Select all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this solved it for me 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

my problem is solved with this way you told :rose:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG thank you!!! I spent an hour trying to figure it out! Yes stay on the vanishing point screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.pngI am having the same problem. i'm using the control c and ctrl V command and its not letting me paste in the vanishing point window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen shot looks like it has let you paste. After pasting, have you then tried dragging the image onto the VP plane?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was also trying to use vanishing point and having the smae problem,but i figured out that you have to select the whole layer despite slecting the particular object /text ....it solved my problem ..give it a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well first of all,youre doing it wrong.Ctrl+a to select the layer you want to paste then Ctrl+c to copy it onto the clipboard.Now hide it and click on the layer you intend to copy it to,then go to Filter > Vanishing Point. At this point the Vanishing Point window will appear with the plane you made then Ctrl+v to paste. Marching ants will appear around your selection enabling you to free transform and adjust the selection to fit into your plane.

That should work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this works ..great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dear, problem solved. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you only comment here which worked. I dont understand why you have to copy layer using ctrl a and then ctrl c. Doesnt make any sense. Anyway, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give up, that's what I did

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. This fixed it.

- highlight the text you want to copy paste: press Ctrl+A (Cmd+A) for Mac

- hide the text layer > add a new layer > 

- add vanishing point by filter > Vanishing point

- Trace the area of vanishing > without deselcting, paste the text Ctrl+V (Cmd+V)

- Then drag the text to the vanishing point plane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem, but sometimes it works and sometimes not, I think it's one those adobe's experimental options, never gets complete or works smooth. I have to spend hours every time to get my result, so it is not worth it anymore, I'm trying to find an alternative

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have stroggled so much about this problem and finally found out if the active keyboard language is not english cmd+v does not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, brother! It helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines