Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf made in then viewed in pshop has a see though grid

Participant ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

happening from both Pshp CS6 and the latest CC.

Create an A3 file (42cm x 29.7cm) 200 dpi,

fill with a colour (something darkish ).

and go File Print,

choose the pdf printer, e.g. Microsoft Print to pdf

set it to A3 100%

choose a location to make it to.

Open that pdf into Pshop File<Open) and go with the settings offered.

it will have a fine see through grid, (zoom in to see the background chequerboard), mine was 1 3/8 inch spacing.

I have created A3 prints from both this pdf printer driver and also PDF24 and both show this grid, YET UNDER win7 there wasnt one.

This happens with CC and CS6, why is the pdf despoiled in this way ?

Furthermore I have made same from a CAD prog, same result when viewed in Pshop.

This did not happen in win7 from that CAD prog.

Try it and let me know. but with two separate peeps doing this and seeing this, what is going on ?

Merlin3

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Merlin3 its because there is not true background layer/image so PS shows the background as transparent.

You can always flatten your Photoshop file to give it a white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Merlin3 the other question I have is why arent you simply saving the file as a Photoshop PDF under Save As?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find any solution? I'm also making a PDF for <Linked Removed> website and I would love to add see through grid on our PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MarioncStotts If Im reading this right @Merlin3 does not want a see through grid, but you do.

If you add a grid to your design when you save as a Photoshop PDF it should be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, My need is NOT to see a see though grid, and simply flattening the image will cause a white grid to appear, as flatten by default adds in a white background, or show through whatever colour background there is.

I dont want a grid of any kind.

How do I stop photoshop showing a grid made of no colour ?

In win7 it was without grid. Now with win 10 its with grid, be that CS6 or CC.

I was creating a pdf from my CAD prog, as I have done many times, but as I am now with win10, I see a grid (showing through the chequerboard ) for the first time, and I need that as much as a hole in the head !
Contacting a friend and trying his win10 Pshop CC , making a pdf from within CC, as he doesnt have CAD, he also sees a grid when opening the result back into pshop CC win10.

Its not visible in acrobat reader, so why is Pshop creating a see through grid ? This never happened in win7.

Try this yourselves, A3 landscape 200dpi solid colour, PDF24 if you have that, you all will have Msoft print to pdf in the printer options. A3 100% landscape.

Vital to know what to disable in Pshop to stop this grid making. Note its not a coloured pixel line, its a series of lines chopped out of the image, its see through !

On my A3 they were ' 1 3/8inch' spacing.

Merlin3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and go File Print, choose the pdf printer, e.g. Microsoft Print to pdf

By @Merlin3

A Microsoft PDF is not an Adobe PDF and Adobe had no part in the creation of the PDF. You would have to ask Microsoft.

Please consider making an Adobe PDF with the directions Kevin gave earlier.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a further Hi, whats up with this forum, I can't find an edit button and my reply has ended up within the last post it seems ?

Just to reiterate, I open my pdf's created in CAD for checking all looks ok and my colours are ok especially for my grey lines deliberate half inch grid and that my dimensionsare not too small, when printing a bit of the pdf to my A4 printer, , and I am not needing a pdf from Pshop, but needing to get rid of Pshop adding in this see through grid.

Merlin3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and a further reply, Jane.

I wish folk to test the use of Msoft print to pdf, as I know that ends up with this see through grid, as does PDF24, my normal pdf maker, editor and all round good prog, I also like the sheep character !

I am told by my CAD developer that Msoft print to pdf when chosen in the printer list works well with the CAD prog, so again reason to try it out. yes Adobe also have a pdf maker but the PDF24 worked fine, and Msoft print to pdf they say works fine, so why the see throuigh grid when pdf opened into pshop CS6 or CC and why the grid if Pshop itself prints the pdf ?

Merlin3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Merlin3 you state when you open your PDFs created in CAD - your grey lines indicate half inch grids. Is that the same grid you are seeing when you open in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about you actually show what you are talking about by posting screenshots?

Or better yet provide the image and the original pdf. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Merlin3 

Here is the workflow recommended by Adobe to create Adobe PDFs from CAD. It does not involve either Photoshop or Microsoft. You can get a 7-day free trial to see if it works for you.

https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/hub/how-to/how-to-convert-cad-to-pdf

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines