• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Pressure issues

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 8.1, with a Wacom Intuous Pro Medium tablet, with the latest driver (6.3.8-4)

I installed Photoshop CC 2014 this afternoon, and ever since I've had a lot of random, intermittent issues with the pen pressure. It works fine in Illustrator, but in Photoshop, under the Brush panel, the Pen Pressure option has an alert sign next to it, and simply doesn't recognise the tablet as being pressure sensitive. Sometimes, if I turn on "Windows Ink" under the mapping tab, it occasionally works, but not always. And having Windows Ink checked makes selecting things in any other application very laggy (and makes working in Indesign near-impossible)

Cheers in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Photoshop CC 2014 changes stylus use to use Microsoft system API's, with these API's you need to have Windows Ink enabled. These API's give better stroke results and improve the out of the box experience for users using Windows tablet/convertible devices. If you want to go back to the old WinTab implementation of previous versions do the following:

Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the followi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't have this file path on my windows 10 machine.

i can only go as far as C:\Users\[User Name]\

there's a creative cloud folder in there, but no photoshop settings that i could find

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fyi: decided to just make the folder myself and realized that i had my "hidden folders" checked off. i checked the box and was able navigate right to it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

may i ask a question ?

does PSUserConfig.txt  work with other adobe application like illustrator or others ?

i run photoshop cc 2015 64bit under windows 10 64bit

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This method is very good. I´ve been using it for a couple of years. BUT... today, I upgraded to an Wacom Intuos Pro Medium, and unfortunately with WinTab turned on, Photoshop doesn´t recognize the pen TILT. Which is one of the reasons I bought it. So I switched back to Windows Ink, but then I have that lag when you try to drag something, which gets in the way to change the brush size fast (alt+right click+drag) and moving the canvas... anything that requires drag. SO, I wanted to know:

a. Is there a way turn on the tilt sensitivity with Wintab somehow?

or

b. Is there a way to remove the lag from Windows Ink?

I appreciate any support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the heck would I ever have to do this fix?  Wacom, Adobe and Microsoft Relationship has to be so close that I am amazed I would have to do this.   This was never a problem until I turn off Windows Ink because it was getting in the way of the tablet and painting.

Windows 10 Pro, Up to date.  Intuos Pro Small.  Latest Drivers

Crazy...  Crazy...

Thank you for workaround just amazed that I had to do this....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution for the Brush Size/Hardness Bug for Photoshop CC 2019.  It's a Window's Ink issue.  Here's a Youtube video that I found going over the  steps:

How to Disable WINDOWS INK - Photoshop Bug with Wacom Tablets (2018) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else notice that the latest update of Photoshop CC 21.1 does not like the PSUserConfig file? My Lasso tool goes completely bonkers now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I also have issues with the rotation with my Wacom Art Pen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, these old threads can be confusing and convoluted.  You'd be much better off starting a new thread stating your issue, operatings system, Photoshop version etc.  FWIIW  I don't appear to be having any issues with my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines