• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perspective Warp Freezing and Crashing Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to use a mockup and it needs to copy a smart filter, perspective warp. Yet whenever I use it will freeze photoshop. When investigating I found in Task Manager that Photoshop will use my entire RAM (32GB) when I try to use this tool.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it crash out on itself? or do you have to forcequit?

Is it reproducible consistently with a specific file and steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be more precise it just freezes, won't close itself. Just now I had to restart my PC because it wouldn't close and for some reason it just disappeared from the Task Manager. I haven't tested in other scenarios or files the Perspective Warp, just in this mockup that I've downloaded from Shutterstock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can determine reproducible steps, that would be most useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find any other file with this tool to test, eventually I gave up on the file and tried another method. I just can test if was the tool or the file if I have another file to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE UP THAT PRICE THOOOOOO!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you care to elaborate? 

And please refrain from posting all-caps-texts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, nothing I have tried to go around it has worked. It's every single time I click into "Warp" after "Layout" and also if I try to save over the smart object. I've tried uninstalling photoshop, switching off various performance preferences, opening a new file (in case of corruption), etc. Nothing has worked! Computer requires me to force quit the application every time due to it using up to 90 GB of the RAM. I'm at a loss and worried about my deadlines!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a fix for this? I also reinstalled PS and CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide an affected file? 

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 
Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Catalina, did you find a solution? I have the exact same problem and I can't continue with my projects...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far?
Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines