• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Phone numbers reordering in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed a couple of issues raised here about this issue but no solution was provided. Hoping this will be picked up by the dev team and resolved.

1. Version of the app: v24.4.1
  2. Platform and OS version: Windows 10
  3. Basic steps to reproduce the problem:

Whenever I'm typing in a series of numbers then add any type of a space between them for the (last few versions), the numbers reorder themselves. I've cleared my preferences and checked mt paragraph settings but nada. 

4. Expected result and actual result
    Expecting the numbers to appear as I'm typing and not disarranged

@Dev Team: Seeing as the issue was flagged by @Ehale1262 in June 2022 and @timotheevallee in Aug 2022 and no working solution provided ( @Amapola1808 worked but not for me unfortunately), could you please help us out as it's becoming a bug (pun intended) in the workflow.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

RobAo_0-1683810149261.png

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

FYI. The digit setting is available here in the Type Layer Properties panel. Setting it to "LTR Arabic" may fix the issue.

Digit setting.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RobAo curious what your settings are here:

Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 8.53.13 AM.png

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems your digit setting is set to Hindi or Farsi. Try resetting character settings to defaults by executing "Reset Character" in the context menu of Character panel.

Reset Character command.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI. The digit setting is available here in the Type Layer Properties panel. Setting it to "LTR Arabic" may fix the issue.

Digit setting.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert the character alignment is on Roman Baseline by default and already attempted the proposed resets... except sharing the SysInfo with you 🙂

@ktaki here's the setting that seems to have been in default. Set it to LTR Arabic and it fixed the issue. Thank you cc @Ehale1262 @timotheevallee .

RobAo_0-1683902127181.png

Request: The feature is quite hidden and a challenge already for a number of users in the forum (forgot the keywords I used). If possible, please set it to be LTR Arabic by default assuming the number of LTR users > RTL users > Hindi users > Farsi users and majority of users are beginner intermediate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RobAo The default for the digit setting is "LTR Arabic." The setting is sticky however. You might have opened a document with a type layer set the digit to Farsi of Hindi. If you selected the layer and create new type layer, the digit setting was inherited. So, as I mentioned in the above, the command "Reset Character" is useful when you find unexpected behavior in text editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it! I'll be sure to use the reset character feature in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines