• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo does not open from Lightroom

Advocate ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop v. 24.7.0 with Lightroom Classic 12.4 - Mac OS Ventura 13.4.1 (c) All latest versions and this started happening on the last update of Photoshop. When viewing the image in Lightroom and choosing Edit in... Photoshop, then Photoshop does indeed open on screen but no image. I can only get the image to open if I choose 'open as smart object in Photoshop' which is reall not what I want. So, I have to go into the raw images folder and open the file by knowing the filename number and then it opens in Photoshop. This is a new behavior. Images have always opened before in Photoshop when I've selected "Open in Photoshop" from the 'Photo/Edit' in menu in Lightroom. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

I've been scoring the internet and lo and behold, this comes up from this group no less... Thank you Digital Dog! This fixed the problem and I'm back in the saddle again!

LEGENDOct 17, 2022

When the 'link' between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop has issues, one of the first things to try is this:
1. Use the Adobe Creative Cloud application to uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic and when asked, keep preferences. 
2. Install Photoshop first, then Lightroom Classic. 
Better? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I'm getting this message pop up on the screen in Photoshop quite often now...
Screenshot 2023-07-29 at 12.51.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I been having this problem several months now. Done several updates and still won't work. I been just opening it as smart object and then flatten it. Now with the latest update both don't work. Good Luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been scoring the internet and lo and behold, this comes up from this group no less... Thank you Digital Dog! This fixed the problem and I'm back in the saddle again!

LEGENDOct 17, 2022

When the 'link' between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop has issues, one of the first things to try is this:
1. Use the Adobe Creative Cloud application to uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic and when asked, keep preferences. 
2. Install Photoshop first, then Lightroom Classic. 
Better? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tryed this method, but it did not fix the problem that I am having.  Ctrl+E or CTRL+ALT+X does not work. PS will launch, but no photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I just removed the beta PS 24.7 and now the open as smart object works (CTRL+ALT+X) ,but the open in Photoshop does not work (CTRL+E) I can live with that, but I do need at least one of them to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand and would need first a full reporting of your operating system, model and year of computer, versions of OS and software bot Lightroom and Photoshop. All of this is relevant to making the best recommend. Your re-install, done exactly as DigitalDog recommends, step by step and word by word, must be done first. THEN, there are other options but only the likes of Experts like DigitalDog would know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some info, but the list is much more than this. Do you need it all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just the basics. Looks like the system is starved for RAM and I'll bet there is where you could free up the system. Bump it up to 32G or even 64G would make everything work better. I'm not sure about the processor; a Windows expert could advise you there on just how things could be given a boost. I would bring this subject up as a new post in the Windows side of this group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have 32GB of Ram. I also removed the beta version PS, and that did fix part of the issue . I now can open from lightroom using "open as smart object" , and I can live with that, but for whatever reason it won't open when using "Edit in Photoshop" (CTRL+E) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also dump 'Beta' as it is not as thoroughly time-tested as 'Classic.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, its been so annoying 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed the instructions to the letter (I'm a very longtime user of Adobe products so am careful to observe protocpls) but, sadly, still no luck. LR and PS are just refusing to connect. I am pretty sure the probklem lies in a very buggy new version of PS or ACR - and there seem to be a lot if us in the same boat). Revised updates needed Adobe, get on it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the current version of PS and installed the previous version (PS)
and they’re connecting now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks chisan33, this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted earlier that I followed your intructions but that they didn't work. My bad, and my apologies. Shut the computer down, came back later, opend up LR and PS and lo and behold - problem fixed! Thank you so much for this workaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to thank TheDigitalDog very much for this recommendation. After days of unsuccessfully waiting for a clever solution to this problem, I was able today to eliminate it within 10 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggestion of uninstalling and reinstalling LRC and PS also worked for me. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had this issue and your suggestion is what got it back to normal, thanks a lot my friend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This description also solved my same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked great for me... thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since this week it does not open a picture in photoshop from lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the beta PS 24.7 or 25 , you may remove it and see if that will fix the problem. I did remove it and now mine is partially fixed. I now can open a photo from LR to PS using the "open as smart object" , but it did not fix the "open in PS CTRL+E" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem as well.  I will try your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines