• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo does not open from Lightroom

Advocate ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop v. 24.7.0 with Lightroom Classic 12.4 - Mac OS Ventura 13.4.1 (c) All latest versions and this started happening on the last update of Photoshop. When viewing the image in Lightroom and choosing Edit in... Photoshop, then Photoshop does indeed open on screen but no image. I can only get the image to open if I choose 'open as smart object in Photoshop' which is reall not what I want. So, I have to go into the raw images folder and open the file by knowing the filename number and then it opens in Photoshop. This is a new behavior. Images have always opened before in Photoshop when I've selected "Open in Photoshop" from the 'Photo/Edit' in menu in Lightroom. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

I've been scoring the internet and lo and behold, this comes up from this group no less... Thank you Digital Dog! This fixed the problem and I'm back in the saddle again!

LEGENDOct 17, 2022

When the 'link' between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop has issues, one of the first things to try is this:
1. Use the Adobe Creative Cloud application to uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic and when asked, keep preferences. 
2. Install Photoshop first, then Lightroom Classic. 
Better? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hin Guys. I can not open an image from Lightroom Classic in to photoshop. The Photoshop screen apears but not my image. It only shows images that i have opened before. This problem has only started this week for some reason. Any help please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from enterprise&teams>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Consider including the following in your question:

• Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message (s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc

Do you have installed the latest Beta version (25.0)?  If yes, then it's a known issue. 

See here: P: Lightroom Classic>Edit in PS: Erroneous error &... – Seite 10 - Adobe Support Community - 1396696...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.3.1 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Con24567174ix1a 

Perhaps try a thorough reset of Photoshop preferences?

(read this entire post before acting please)

Resetting restores Photoshop's internal preferences, which are saved when Photoshop closes.

If they become corrupt then various issues can occur.

Here’s some info on how to do that:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Manually removing preferences files is the most complete method for restoring Photoshop to its default state: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Manually removing preferences files is the most complete method for restoring Photoshop to its default state. This method ensures all preferences and any user presets which may be causing a problem are not loaded.

1. Quit Photoshop.

2. Navigate to Photoshop's Preferences folder.
    macOS: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
    Windows: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Note: The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. To access files in the hidden user Library folder, see How to access hidden user library files.
  3. Drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe for a back-up of your settings

4. Open Photoshop.

New preferences files will be created in their original location.

Note re macOS: The user Library folder is hidden by default.

To access files in the hidden user Library folder, see here for how to access hidden user library files.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Unexpected behaviour may indicate damaged preferences. Restoring preferences to their default settings is a good idea when trying to troubleshoot unexpected behaviours in Photoshop. check out the video

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Learn how to access and modify Photoshop preferences and customise per your frequent workflows

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

And here’s an earlier forum discussion as an aid to understanding

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-reset-photoshop-pre...

You may want to backup your settings and custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences.

Here is general info about that:  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Before you reset your preferences

in case of future issues, I suggest you make a copy as Adobe may need one to check problematic references. 

Quit Photoshop.
Go to Photoshop's Preferences folder

Preferences file locations: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html\

[on MacOS see: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Note for those on macOS: - be aware that the user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

In the Finder, open the “Go” menu whilst holding down the Option (Alt) key.

Library will now appear in the list - below the current user's “home” directory. ]

Now you can drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe as a back-up of your settings.

Note for those on macOS:

Preference preservation is affected by macOS permissions,

you’ll need to allow Photoshop ‘Full Disk Access’ in your Mac OS Preferences/Security and Privacy

If that doesn't fix the issue:

Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop.

Still hanging? 

Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. 

Do you still have problems?

It may even be time to reinstall Photoshop.

It’s recommended that you use the Adobe CC cleaner tool to remove all traces first.

(See above about preserving preferences though! It’s worth preserving them unless they are corrupted.)

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Uninstall Photoshop BUT make sure to choose the option “Yes, remove app preference”.

Once that process finishes, start the installation process and look into the “Advanced Options”. Uncheck “Import previous settings and preferences” and choose to “Remove old versions”.

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to PS 24.7 yesterday, the "Edit in PS" option in LR Classic is not working.  PS opens but the photo does not open in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporto una fotografia desde lightroom a photoshop, abre photoshop pero no abre la fotografia exportada, que puedo hacer para solucionar el problema?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the new Beta 25 or PS 24.7 choosing Edit in from LR Classic doesn't open the file to edit. The only workaround is to add an additional External Editor and do it manually.

Please fix it.

THanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm in Lightroom and I want to export a photo into Photoshop I click on export to Photoshop but the photo now does not open in Photoshop. For the last five years it's always opened in Photoshop. Now nothing. 
Anyone else having this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same thing happened to me today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheDigitalDog recently provided the solution for this. Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I returned a version and it works again. So a bug in the update..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which verion of Photoshop and Lightroom do you use?

Do you have Photoshop Beta installed? If yes, which version? It's 25.0?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-bugs/p-lightroom-not-opening-photos-properly-in-photos...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.3.1 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some thing here as from today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and how do I do that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the last update and went back to the version before and now it is working properly again. 

Do not install the lastest version! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about the same problem on my Mac Studio (M1 ultra, Ventura 13.4.1). Selecting an image in Lightroom to open it in Photoshop opens empty Photoshop immediately but then after a while there is a message that it cannot open Photoshop Beta. After dismissing this message it opens it after a while. The whole process is taking time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved my own issue by deleting this version (the latest release) of Photoshop and downloading the previous version. That fixed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer can open files from LR to PS . Edit in PS CTRL+E or Open as smart object CTRL+ALT+X . It does open PS up but no photo. I get this message .Screenshot 2023-07-29 155858.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this started for me yesterday after I updated Ps Beta.  Hoping Adobe are aware that something has stuff up in the latest release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Hopefully they will have a update fix soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the beta app for the last month or so. I took the new update through CC today and now my images don't open in PS when I launch it through LR.

When I right click and hit Edit I get the usual dialog about original/lr changed etc. PS launches (beta app) but my image doesn't load.  If I set there for a minute or so I ultimately get a dialog box saying 'The file could not be edited because adobe photoshop 2024 could not be found'

I uninstalled PS, LR, and PS beta through CC and reinstalled them all and I've unchecked 'auto show the home screen' but it's the same thing.

I've also tried adding the beta as an external editor and tried to launch it that way too but it does the same thing.

Interestingly it must be loading the image as each time I try this I get a new tif file copy of the image I tried to edit in my LR catalog.  It seems almost like ACR is launching but not showing itself 

any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is happening for me too using Lightroom Classic 12.4 and Photoshop beta 25.0. Using "Edit in Photoshop" apparently does nothing, but after a while there appears an error message along the lines of what you said, and the raw file finally opens in Photoshop.

I'm using Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same thing happen. Until this issue is addressed by Adobe. The work around is to export the files in small batches. Use the Post Process Menu when exporting and find Photoshop 2023 file. You have to delete the small jpg but that is all I can figure what to do. I would like Adobe to bring back the option to not use the Beta Version and use the Full Photoshop 2023. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines