• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo does not open from Lightroom

Advocate ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop v. 24.7.0 with Lightroom Classic 12.4 - Mac OS Ventura 13.4.1 (c) All latest versions and this started happening on the last update of Photoshop. When viewing the image in Lightroom and choosing Edit in... Photoshop, then Photoshop does indeed open on screen but no image. I can only get the image to open if I choose 'open as smart object in Photoshop' which is reall not what I want. So, I have to go into the raw images folder and open the file by knowing the filename number and then it opens in Photoshop. This is a new behavior. Images have always opened before in Photoshop when I've selected "Open in Photoshop" from the 'Photo/Edit' in menu in Lightroom. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

I've been scoring the internet and lo and behold, this comes up from this group no less... Thank you Digital Dog! This fixed the problem and I'm back in the saddle again!

LEGENDOct 17, 2022

When the 'link' between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop has issues, one of the first things to try is this:
1. Use the Adobe Creative Cloud application to uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic and when asked, keep preferences. 
2. Install Photoshop first, then Lightroom Classic. 
Better? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was emailed this but this does not help. I could not find the Subscription and notification tab. Hope someone clears this mess up.

1. Log on to Adobe Support Community.
  2. Click My Profile.
  3. Click the Subscriptions and notifications tab.
  4. Change your settings and click Save Changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I have the same issue. Very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me too, and I'm running up on a deadline.  So frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a solution - hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing happening to me. Sooo frusrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I solved this by rolling back my ACR to 14.5, my PS to 24.6 and my PS Beta to 24.7

<edit in photoshop> now brings up a warning that my ACR needs to be updated but if I <open anyway> then it opens in PS and all is well.  I'll probably update my ACR back to 15.4 again but not until there is a PS update that fixes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, rolled back both Photoshop 2023 and Photoshop Beta to previous versions. Did not roll back ACR, unless that happens automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found the option in beta apps, sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I can't see anywhere in the Creative Cloud app to rollback the Photoshop beta, it only shows the standard version of PS.  Found it and rolled back and it's now fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, just updated and now Lightroom is trying to open files into Photoshop 2024, but there's no such thing.  Came here looking for help also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roll back your PS and PS beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only rolled back beta and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Photoshop 24.7.0 don't open image from LR classic 12.4 since today 20 july. 

Macbook m1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of macOS are you using?

Do you have the beta and/or production 24.7 photoshop version.?

Long thread about the issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-bugs/p-lightroom-not-opening-photos-properly-in-photos...

I see the same issue on windows 11 where i have the beta 25.0 installed along side the procduction 24.7, but not on other machines Mac or Windows that don't have the beta version installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have exactly the same problem Photoshop 25.0.0 Beta with Lightroom Classic 12.4 and Windows 11 with all updates installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having this same issue. And getting same undefined message in PS as well when saving an image. Did not do an uninstall / reinstall, but fixed it very quickly.  If you're gettting this message below when you open LR --( that turned out to be the cause of the problem for me).  Follow the link of how to grant LR / PS Full disk access. That solved it on my end.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/allow-permissions.html?trackingid=29NMCKMQ&mv=in-prod...

traf11_0-1691018851066.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic this worked for me 🥳

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this work for me but had to uninstall Photoshop Beta as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will help, but as I had the same problem after the recent update to PS and PS Beta, I 1. unistalled the beta version; 2. unistalled PS; 3. then reinstalled PS. I have NOT yet re-installed the Beta version. Exporting from LR CC to PS 2023 seems to work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem in 2 different computers, must be the update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things are worse as of today.  Now if you roll back Photoshop Beta so that it will not have the lightroom connection issue you get an error in Beta saying that you cant use Generative Fill unless you first update to the newest Beta.  I use Windows 10 and I followed the suggestion and uninstalled Photoshop and Lightroom Classic and then reinstalled Photoshop first, followed by Lightroom.  No luck.  If the newest Beta is used it will not open from Lightroom until you first wait several seconds, get an error saying the file couldnt open because Photoshop couldnt be launched (even though it does launch).  Once you hit ok on the error then the photo opens but the whole process takes a minute or more and is beyond frustrating.  This has been an issue now since the last beta came out a couple of weeks ago.  This needs to be a priority fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!  This worked for me after 3 hours of trying to figure out what was wrong including Adobe help desk 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If I right click on a RAW image in Lightroom, (.DNG, .RAF, .ARW), it will open the Photoshop 2024 programme but does NOT open the image file. It will open jpegs in Photoshop 2024 and also will successfully open RAW files as smart objects. The operating system is Mac Ventura 13.5.2. Have tried uninstalling and resinstalling Lightroom Classic 12.5 but that didn't fix the problem. Updated to Photoshop 2024 just yesterday. Any ideas anyone please?

Many thanks

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally came across this post https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photo-does-not-open-from-lightroom/m-... which also works for the latest versions, uninstall both programs and then reinstall them, Photoshop first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines