Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop 2020 Blank work-space issue: Black Screen

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to open any files or start any new docs in the new update, I had no issues with the previous version and now that I updated I have this plain black screen regardless of what I do? How do I get my art board and images back?Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 4.18.02 pm.png

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019
Ok thanks I tried that but it didn't work so I have just uninstalled the new photoshop and put the older version back in and it's fine now.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick follow up to my initial post. This has not fixed this issue for when I drag the main canvas onto my iPad Pro for masking..drawing etc...it's a blank canvas but with all layer info showing...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a black screen happens when your Gpu fails and it tends to be the software that wasn't installed correct instead of the actual Gpu hardware itself

1. try a different software that also uses the Gpu settings like Blender for example... if this is also blank at start up then its your system not Adobe
  2. Windows users should look at when they last updated their antivirus or Gpu software... under a week ago = its a good bet this is the real cause

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines