• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 freezes when I use the text tool on Windows 10

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop program freezes everytime I use the text tool. Before the program worked fine but then I had to format my pc and now that I reintalled it through Adobe Creative Cloud, it doesn't work correctly.

The program open without any problems, I can use the rest of the tools exept the text tool.

I need help to find a solution to this problem because I can't be paying a subscription and not being able to use the program completely.

I am using Adobe Photoshop cc 2020 through a monthly subscription.

Someone help me please.

I have a laptop Windows 10, 16 memory ram, 2 disks, 1tb.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop 2020 is freezing while using the Text tool.

Let's start troubleshooting the issue by resetting the Text tool itself. Checkout this article to know how to reset the Text tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#tool

If that does not help, chances are one of the font that the fint you're using or have in your library is not working as expected. We have a set of troubleshooting steps to identify such fonts. See https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I have restarted my computer over 8 times. Every time I use the text tool it freezes and I can't save it. It says on 0% saving. So annoying.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry about the frustrated experience with the Text tool in Photoshop. 

Would you mind restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G

You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

Thanks, 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you ever able to figure out a solution? I am having the exact same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Вы смогли найти  решение?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. As soon as I select the text tool, I case to be able to do anything and have to close the program using task manager. I have tried re-setting the text tool, but that does not seem to make any difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?
Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

What have yo udone about font issues? 
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have fixed the problem by selecting the vertical type tool instead of the horizontal type tool. It worked just fine. After I had done that the horizontal type tool miraculously started working again. No idea how that happened. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to solve this problem without going through unbelievably complex technology? I have looked at all these solutions and I still cannot use my type tool properly, and meanwhile Adobe continues to take money from my bank account. I have tried these directions but the supposed controls do not exist on my computer, so how can I put them into action? It is all so complicated and annoying. NOTHING IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some time I stumbled upon the following routine.

Bring up an image. Tap Text icon at left of screenl. Tap F7 or Left click Layers in the Window Menu.  In Layers section at right of screen Right click Background. Tap T Icon  at left of screen.

I'm no Guru and can't guarantee, but it worked for me. Probably other ways.

Don D

Boise, ID USA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

POSSIBLE TEMPORARY SOLUTION

Same problem for me. I tried all the things suggested here. Nothing worked.
But now I've found a new way to workaraound this problem. I think it's a bug of this latest version of photoshop that I guess will be fixed soon.

I observed that Photoshop hangs with the text tool, but not as soon as it's selected: only when you click on the document. It hangs before creating a new text level. So I tried to create a new level before clicking on the document with the text tool.
Well, for me it worked! Since the first creation of new level, Photoshop doesn't hang anymore and looks to work properly.

Hope it will work also for you.

Massimo Profeti

Roma - Italy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Photoshop 2021 ver 22.3.1 in Windows 10: after opening the first photo, selecting the text tool, then trying to apply text to the photo, the whole program freezes. I can't even shut the program the normal way but have to go to Task Manager to manually shut down Photoshop. I tried resetting the text tool, then tried other fonts, then reset all text tools, uninstall and reinstall 22.3.1 -- none of that worked. Then I uninstalled 22.3.1 and installed the previous version (22.3) instead. That worked. So, I figure that version 22.3.1 is buggy and hope it'll be fixed soon. Looking forward to 22.3.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue, no weird font files, worked with previous versions without issue, just stops as soon as the text tool is used. My OS and PS are running off an M.2 NVME drive too so can't blame that. I'm sure the stupid amount of money I pay for this stuff also pays for testing to make sure it actually works, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated drivers of Nvidia graphic card to newest version.

The problem seems disappeared. No need to create new level anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck Font Preview.... In Photoshop CS5.5 go to Edit > Preference > Text > uncheck Font Preview at bottom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find this setting in CC 2020, however I did manage to fix it by setting Use Graphic Processor to ON.

I've run a few tests and it seems to be working again. This will need more testing after rebooting but for now it seems fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines