• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 running slow

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Photoshop auto-updated for me this morning (yay!) but as I have been using it throughout the day, it has started to lag. At this point I wasn't even able to make a selection without having to wait 10 minutes (approximately) before it was ready to move on to the next step. Is there a reason it's running so slow?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 194 Replies 194
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this Problem is still not fixed. PS 2020 is absolutly unusable on my machine while 2019 works just fine. 2020 already takes way longer to boot and basically everything i do takes way too long, even on simplest 2k documents with two layers. I tried every possible solution, all types of preferences settings, reinstalling from scratch, graphics driver, etc. Nothing works. Even the dialog window for opening a file feels extremly laggy and slow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 

I've stopped using PS 2020 and back on with PS 2019 as 2020 becomes so laggy it's crazy. It's starting to look like 2020 will be fixed when 2021 will be released!

I'm running a i7 6core 3.2-4.6gHz, 32gb ram, 1tb Samsung 970evo, Core X eGPU Vega 56 8gb graphics running latest Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a newish PC running on Windows 10. I have a terrible lagging problem since the new update too. It freezes every 4-5 brushstrokes. I just installed the creative cloud-friendly NVIDIA driver and there is no change. Is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to 2019 or 2018. Much better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue and it's been 3 months since the original post. Doesn't matter if I have one file open or five, some actions take 3-10 minutes to complete and save, leaving me actionless for that time. It really cuts down on my productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing I'bve found that only happens with PS 2020, is when working with layers it will do strange things with the display... turns the layer into negitive of what the actual color is. If I zoom in it goes back to normal. Obviously an issue with the GPU's as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's a buggy video driver.

You can get around this particular problem by going into preferences > performance, and check "Legacy Compositing". This reverts to the old layer compositing code executed in the CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that... one less problem. Shame that there are so many in 2020 at the moment but this was an annoying one 👍🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

I just bought my new iMac for a few months and upgrade my config to i9, 512gb SSD, and 16gb ram. When resizing a layer or update a smart object is incredibly slow, while my psd file is just around 150mb, it is non-sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update made it photoshop a POS on my machine again. 

Wiped the preferences, again, turn on and off acceleration on my 1080ti, still sucks. 

I think adobe needs to just get performance up and I think it's time they rewrite this whole program, it's a 20-year-old garbage can that keeps getting dumb cloud features pushed on it. 
They need to rewrite this so can go as fast as other modern graphics software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, after the latest Auto-Update unusable SLOW on a maxed out iMac Pro!

Even switching a single Layer ON/OFF has a aprox. lag of 5-10 seconds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop - what a desaster! Auto-Update yesterday deletet all my custom menus, keyboard shortcuts ... to factory settings. And is till sloooow and a pain to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's March. Long after these posts. We're in the midst of Covid-19, and I'm trying to work from home – but Photoshop 2020 is a disaster. Everthing has slowed to a crawl. I can't work anymore. Just updated to the newest 2020 update and it sucks just as much. I'm going to have to uninstall and reinstall 2019. Did any of you find a solution for this horrendous issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  Absolutely nothing.  Still running PS CC2019 and now Bridge is crashing on opening and I have no idea what I can safely update to - there's no guidance from Adobe, just what people are kindly posting here. 

Oh and like you, ElegantScience, I'm actually trying to work with Photoshop, rather than spend all day trying to work out how to make the damn thing work! 

Good luck everyone, and stay safe.

And Adobe - ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE'S A PROBLEM HERE  (see above) AND SORT IT OUT PLEASE!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, I can't even open the prefferences without seeing a turnig wheel.

Can someone from adobe give us an answer on this....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@elphinwhite 

I think the only thing you can do in terms of Bridge is install an older version that's compatible with Photoshop CC2019. I had the same problem, Photoshop updated and Bridge would crash on opening, updated it, works fine, but Photoshop is useless. I need a shave between every minor task....useless. 

The issue now is Adobe don't even name the software CC2019 / CC2020 in the CC app its Photoshop (21.1.1) or (20.0.09) etc.....f*ck does any of that mean! I'm trying to go back to CC2019 and I know have no idea what verison I actually need to install.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I found a solution. 

I spent the 100 bucks and bought affinity photo and designer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling these comments will get deleted 🙂, but thanks for that hint. I researched and am giving them a try. Of note, they are half price or 90 day trial right now. And I found some great tutorials on YT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to change your system. To run Adobe Photoshop you need minimum requirement as below.

Processor :- Intel® or AMD processor with 64-bit support*; 2 GHz or faster processor
Operating system:- Microsoft Windows 7* with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)**,
Microsoft Windows 10*** October 2018 update (64-bit) version 1809 or later
RAM:- 2 GB or more of RAM (8 GB recommended)
Graphics card:- nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 or equivalent; nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 or Quadro T1000 is recommended
Hard disk space:- 3.1 GB or more of available hard-disk space for 64-bit installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system)
Monitor resolution:- 1280 x 800 display at 100% UI scaling with 16-bit color and 512 MB or more of dedicated VRAM; 2 GB is recommended †
OpenGL:- OpenGL 2.0-capable system
Internet:- Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services ††

Check It Here:- https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Thanks & Regards:- 

Shaan!

As a premier movers company in Dubai, we offer you a comprehensive range of services, including packing, loading, transportation, and unloading of your valuable furniture, providing secure and efficient moving services for homes, offices, and villas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system. 

AMD ryzen 9, gtx 1080ti, 128 gigs of 3300 ram, 1tb sdd for software, 1tb ssd for cache, 2 2k displays. 2 2tb harddrive for work and backup. 

I blow the specs away and this software doesn't run well. It's laggy and the brushes stick. 

Meanwhile I have no problem sculpting a 100million poylgon model in zbrush while watching nextflix on my other monitor. 

Adobe broke something and they need to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly PS 2020 is trash now ;/ Rly want back to 2019. I started thought my PC have some problems but figuret out its just damn Adobe broke PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac mini 2018 (10.15.4) - 32gb Ram - 1tb Samsung 970 Evo TB3 - Razer Core X with PowerColor Red Dragon Vega 56 8gb graphics (TB3) - 27qhd Cintiq + 27 Eizo CG2730 connected via DisplayPort cables.

Currently using PS 2019 as PS 2020 is very laggy. I have a feeling they should start beuilding 2021 using 2019 as the base to start from and bin 2020. I might give it another chance in a month or so otherwise I'll just delete it from my system and keep PS2019 & Affinity Photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting beyond a joke from Adobe. We are paying for a service and not getting it. 

I don't know how many times I've said it but im convinced none of these updates ever actually get tested prior to release.....they let us, paying customers, be their testers. Seriously not good enough, I've lost count of the hours I've lost having to troubleshoot and fix tihngs after every single Photshop update that has been released under the CC subscription model.

For me the issue is Adobe are turning Photohop into bloatware. Trying to make it a jack of all trades (and a master of f***ing up) Adding capabilities for a bit of digitial painting, a bit of vector, a bit of typography, a bit of 3D, a bit of animation, a bit of photo-editing...and a whole lot of headaches and lost time.

I'm now at the point (can't see much happening with it, but Im doing it for my own sanity) where I'm sending adobe an invoice for the hours I've lost instaling, deleting, reinstalling software after each update. Simply put, we, as paying customers have statutory and consumer rights...if a product or service isn't fit for purpose you're entitled to a refund. Photoshop CC2020 isn't fit for purpose. Adobe should be compensating each and every subscriber that's updated to this colossal heap of unusable garbage.   

I can not wait for the day when Affinity figure out how to implement smart objects.....bye bye Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines