• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 slow and laggy [LOCKED]

Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is now locked by a moderator and you are welcome to continue a civil discussion in a new thread or add to the bug report that goes to the product developers. See the link in the answer marked "Correct".

Here are the forum guidelines:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-support-community-guidelines/td...

I'm going to start this new thread for the new version of photoshop. 
There are hundreds of comments about 2020 being slow and laggy and not a single adobe rep has even acknowledged it. I was hoping the upgrade would solve everyone's issues but alas that isn't the case. 

So this thread is for all you old and newcomers with new and old machines where photoshop runs like crap to complain about. Maybe their newest software might be seen for them to do something.  

I'll go first: 
Ryzen 9, 64 gigs of 3200 ram, 1080 ti gfx, 1nvme 3200mb.s ssd for programs, 1 tb sata sdd cache drive, 2 tb WD black for files. 

Photoshop takes almost 3 seconds to do simple things like changing to a shape pen tool to make shapes. 
Lags on anything pen tool, and type tool
Played with every setting in the performance and went through their pages on optimizing. 
I even went through the Nvidia setting but only gained a slight boost in performance. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

@vitorsantosHerz 

I've linked the bug thread you started below so that others can vote and add their own system info:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/slowness-and-lag-in-photoshop/idi-p/12403870

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 391 Replies 391
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

getting defensive on a comment that is true simply because you feel that eveyone should be stroking you is one of the least professional things i've seen from adobe..and that does include the dumpster fire of the current versions.

nobody cares how much you have on your plate. we  all do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, are we talking about feelings now?  Like Coach Beard said "Grow up and get over it"!

Everyone here agrees that the program is broken.  I've been watching this thread for months and not once has anyone offered the first shred of helpful assistance.  You could read 16 pages of this only to conclude that the current version is hosed and that older versions weren't.

This forum saves Adobe a tremendous amount of money over the alternative which would be building and staffing a support organization.  Oh wait, they don't have a viable engineering organization either...

Complaining here is roughly equivalent to howling at the moon.   Same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feelings?!?!?! [Profanity removed] feelings? Did you reply to me meaning to reply to someone else? Your feelings about feelings don’t mean Jack squat when the only reason people are here is to either seek answers to get this POS adobe’s baking to work right as it should or to share info and complaints so they know how vast and wide these issues are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leds, I'm a professional who uses Photoshop to make a living, 8 hours a day, 6 days a week (and then some). I have tight deadlines constantly. Deadlines is my middle name.

Like Dave, I have absolutely zero issues with Photoshop and haven't for many years. It's instantly snappy and responsive, and also rock solid and reliable. In fact, knowing other complex software, I'm impressed.

I haven't read this thread and don't know what your issues are. But given that it's performing splendidly for most of us, there has to be something in your system that explains it. I think your energy would be best spent looking for what that might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow dude, your attacking others implying it’s their system’s problem is the equivalent to saying something that’s causing cancer can’t be to blame if you’re lucky enough to not have be found to have cancer. It’s everyone else’s fault, right, we have over 5,000 tech clients that have Adobe cloud and Adobe related hangs and snags is in our top five issues, right after forgotten passwords, spam, updates and Facebook account hacks… but hey, it’s not adobe’s fault at all… riiiiiiight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The people on here getting offended when others point out how Adobe is failing all of us customers and start defending Adobe… well, that’s pathetic!

The facts are that consumers and prosumers and drowning in these bugs and glitches and can’t find or don’t think there are worthy alternatives to Photoshop or the rest of Adobe cloud… when the real hard core facts are there are and professionals are moving on from Adobe, either completely or with supplemental alternatives because they can no longer be dependent on Adobe to keep the quality up high enough to reliably do their  [Profanity removed] job!

We’ve see countless tech clients hit walls with these spinning wheels waisting time and stressing deadlines. They had no choice but to buy the many worthy alternatives as many are mentioned on this one thread of comments and they’re increasingly not looking back! It’s sad because we’ve used Photoshop, Pagemaker, LaserWriters on and on all with the magic only Adobe could bring. Unfortunately, their heads are stuck in the cloud and making theme park rides of way too many kinds instead of making sure people can get their  [Profanity removed] work done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe closed the proper support forums, our only line of tech support now is the hobbyists/amateurs on here. It's utterly dismaying to be told disable your GPU/reset your prefs/list your specs by someone who only uses Photoshop to crop pictures of their great grand children. Adobe have completely abandoned their professional customers in favour of hobbyists and youtubers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You hit it right in the bullseye! Disabling a GPU after spending thousands on your system to have the best performance and fastest speed is what’s offensive and an insult. We’ve collected hundreds of people and their posts as we’ve followed this all over adobe’s website, Facebook, etc, and we’re going to compile them and share them in a blunt punch in adobe’s face if they don’t resolve this at least 2+ years failure by the time they make Photoshop truly M1 optimized or by next year, whichever comes first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change is hard to cope with when you have many applications. Adobe has millions perhaps billions of lines of code to maintain 30 years of code.  Computers were powerful machine room devices  that many used.  Then computers became  smaller  less powerful and you had computers on you own desk.  These computers became more powerful and even smaller compete that ran on battery for a while could be carried around by you.  Battery life was poor. Less powerful process that require less power were developed. However these RISC processor can not run run many Applications that were developed for CISC computer processors.  Those application need to be recoded to run on RISC processor.  Coding methods and API have also evolved. Apple M1  chip and ARM processor are RISC processor.   Even users with powerful CICS processor are in for a shock next month when they find out their Powerful Intel Xeon Processors with many cores and fast clock speed etc etc do not meet the Requirements to run Windows 11.  Microsoft is going to maintain Windows 10 to October 2025.  You have 4 years to buy new hardware. I'm retired I have 3 Dell Xeons workstations 3 new workstation is not in my budget.  Can I blame Microsoft that technology is marching on.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the  [Profanity removed] was that rant and incorrect summary of the history of computers and whack job of a conclusion especially in the assumption of liability. I’m 52 and maybe you still use dinosaurs for computing but I’ve been using computers since punch cards on mainframes and they’ve always been more and more powerful, not anything like the evolution you’re pushing. Lol [Profanity removed]… only to try to justify adobe’s failure to move forward competently while maintaining reliability, which is far from their reality while other vendors and technologies have done a much much better job, otherwise your iPhone would hang every other call or app launch and your Dell POS ancient relics would have been boat anchors long ago. Don’t justify Adobe’s failures with [Profanity removed] rant and personally attack others especially with ignorant statements. You’re only shaking the cage we’re all in while Adobe sits back and tries to milk profit for as much and as long as they can while we’re increasingly frustrated… especially since we never needed to meet you and see your [Profanity removed]  posts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea who you're replying to here, but most of us don't have these problems. As I wrote a couple of hours ago a bit further up, I rely on Photoshop professionally in my job, 8 hours a day. My job hinges on Photoshop working flawlessly. And here's the thing: I don't have any of these problems.

So when some users get problems - and all in all they're pretty far between - what we should be spending the energy on, is finding out exactly how those systems are different. Hurling insults east and west is counterproductive. It just sends the whole thread in a downward spiral.

Troubleshooting requires an open mind. The problem is usually not what you think it is or want it to be. If you've already made up your mind, you're guaranteed to not get anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to you, D Fosse, we don’t need to hear that you’re not having any problems and suggesting that it’s everyone else’s fault. If you don’t have problems, then  [Profanity removed] are you here? You’re wasting all of our time and filling up our emails with notifications of your accusations that we are to blame somehow and that we need to fix something that we can’t do anything that will fix the real problem, which is adobe’s known failure. Seriously dude, you’re only escalating the situation and wasting energy, not those that are here to share, report, and try to get these problems addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not here. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh you’re here, you can’t help yourself and won’t stop the [Profanity removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The unpaid Adobe Defense Force have been here for years spouting the same unhelpful rhetoric, whilst those of us that need to get serious professional work done are advised to delete their preferences and disable their GPUs. It's beyond infuriating. And it's not just Photoshop - Illustrator, InDesign, AE, Premiere, [blasphemy removed]  even the Adobe Cloud app itself are all a complete mess. I'm completely sick of being brickwalled by Adobe and running into the same pensioners on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread has dissolved into personal attacks on the professional volunteers who are trying to assist, so this is a reminder to follow the forum guidelines.

Don't:

• Personally attack people … or their comments 
  • Rant or otherwise harass, abuse, or intimidate others

Personal insults, verbal attacks, and generally offensive, disrespectful, or  abusive messages will be edited or deleted by forum hosts. Repeated violations will result in temporary suspension of forum access, eventually leading to being banned from forums.

Feel free to identify shortcomings with Adobe content. The Feedback forum has been merged with this one. To post a bug for the Photoshop product team, start a new thread and tag it as "Bugs" instead of "Discussions".

For the record, I have been using Photoshop since 3.0 and do not see any of the issues reported here on my system.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at my wits end.

I run a i7 3.8Ghz 64 gigs of ram and 

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
27" iMac

Photoshop 2021 is lagging like this were 2001. Working with 150dpi 7000k images for Dye Sub printing using pattern fx layer is so laggy its unusable. Tried every variation of performance settings with 40 GIGS of ram allocated to PS. Come to find our they REMOVED the legacy composite setting. Who is engineering this product? Performance should improve not degrade over versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines