• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022-23 Startup Crash Help (Log Included)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Months now had an issue where Photoshop crashes/closes immediately after start up with no error. All other Adobe software works perfectly.
Opening a PSD file or Preference Reset sometimes works but its 50/50 and today it stopped working all together.
I have managed to find a log of the crash (Log attached) that might help solve this... Please help me I'm desperate for this to be fixed. Thank you

Desktop Screenshot 2023.01.09 - 14.36.51.79.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jamesr22183643 Sorry to hear about the crashing! There could be several things going on so it's going to take some trial and error processes and eliminations to figure out specifically why it's happening. Have you done any troubleshooting steps yet? First question is are you running OneDrive on your Windows system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replaying I will give some info i know over.
OneDrive is not on my System. My Pc is Also Win11, i7 9700K 32GB ram, RTX 2070
When did this start: After a major crash when using Natural filters a few months ago when it was trying to do too much.
Tests I did:
If I open with a PSD File and Photoshop Photoshop = If succesfully launches Photoshop runs well until shutdown but i have noticed menu Lag. Natural filters work fine.
If I open with Preference Reset = If succesfully launches Photoshop runs well until shutdown but i have noticed menu Lag. Natural filters work fine.

Opening Photoshop normally its loads to the main page freezes then closes itself with No error.

Opening Photoshop through CC loads to the main page freezes then closes itself with no error.

Reinsialling photoshop always launches first time (Natural filters work fine) and works until its closed and opened again.

My crash log mentions a msvcrt.dll but on my entire pc photoshop is the only software I have a issue with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you, that extra info helps. Since the Neural filters use processing in the cloud, it's possible you ran into some configuration issues there, which is why I asked about OneDrive (or Dropbox, for that matter). If you have time to try this now, roll back one version of Photoshop to see if you are stable there. From the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on the three dot menu and select earlier versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the crashes are juts beyond annoying so I really want to beat this.
I do have a dropbox thats always running.
I did a roll back a week ago and found that Photoshop 23.0 worked fine with zero issues but when i updated it the problem returned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I understand. I think sticking with the previous version is the best solution for you right now until you have more time to find out what is causing the crash with 24.1. It could be Dropbox. You might try disabling it to see if that makes a difference, just to rule out the conflict. Log out of Adobe everywhere, do a Windows Disk Cleanup, and reboot or fully shut down your system after to clear things out, too. Please keep us posted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally believe it has something to do with Natural filters as it all started from that. Theres no way I can find to uninstall the filters i downloaded off the cloud which would give me a start on where to look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the Neural filters? Or are Natural filters something else you installed?

JEL_0-1673284978013.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly me yes Neural filters is what I am on about. Something has not been right since the crash caused by them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, no worries, it's an easy mistake to make. There have been reports from some users that the Neural filters gave them problems, so you aren't alone in that. I'm still using Windows 10 with the 24.1 Release, and so far, all the Neural filters are working great. Do make sure you have installed the latest studio (not gaming) driver for your graphics card. A new one dropped on January 5. If you have an older card and system, there may be other adjustments in Preferences that will help. Please keep us posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you have both drivers on at the same time? And where would I find this Driver?
Im currently gonna stay on 23.0.1 as it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have a supported NVIDIA GPU, you can switch between the studio drivers and the gaming drivers any time you want. The easiest thing to do is make sure you have NVIDIA GeForce Experience installed on your PC. It might already be installed for your GeForce RTX 2070. Look in your Windows programs and features (see my screenshot below). Yours is an older card (2018?) so I don't know if it has the capability for switching. I am also not sure if dual switching causes any problems when running Photoshop, as I've never used it. Others here might have more guidance for you. You might want to contact NVIDIA or use their Support options first to make sure you are set up right. But you can download the latest studio driver from NVIDIA's website. Hope that's helpful!

JEL_1-1673309761563.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines