• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 crashes Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello team. I had downloaded Photoshop 2022, since the last update (23.1) it has a bug or something causing my PC to crash.

Immediately after I open a file, the interface bugs, it freezes the PC, then I get a blue screen followed by a reboot. Nothing has worked. I already updated all drivers related to graphics. 

Illustrator also crashed one time. The other apps work totally fine. 

PC specifications:
- Hardware: Windows 11 21H2. 

- Software: DELL Gaming Laptop G3. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz, RAM 16GB, NVIDIA GFORCE 1050 TI. 

It's been working fine for 2 years until the last update. I've added how the glitch look before the PC gets frozen. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, is happens after a few seconds working. I hace downdated to 2021 version and it is working fine,. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! I am facing a similar issue with you but instead of it crashing, it just freezes on that particular tab I am currently working on and I would have to close and reopen it for things to work normally. I wanted to check with you, may I know which 2021 version you downgrade to? Photoshop (22.1)? Appreciate your reply on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling the in-game overlay on GeForce experience. This seems to be the culprit for some customers - https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/entire-system-is-freezing-when-i-use-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not work. I had to use my sister's PC to work. I'm paying 50USD a month for this app. I need help. Photoshop is the only app that crashes the PC, I playvideo games, edit videos and also do live streaming and only this app is causing blue screens everytime y use it. 20220120_003108.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JoEduardoReyes

The nvlddmkm.sys error is related to Nvidia driver, have you tried updating that from the Nvidia website or re-installing doing a clean install, when downloading look for the Studio driver version which is recommended by Adobe

2022-01-20 08_08_09-Window.png

When installing go to the Advance option > Custom Install and perform a clean install, this will remove the previous version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the error I am getting but when I search for the driver download for studio driver it says there are no certified downloads and none that I have been able to find in beta. What now? I need this program to work 😫 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with my Acer Swift 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop and do you steps - Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may also help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change driver and disable Graphic processor works for now. The only thing happens after exporting a file, it turns like this and I have to restar.

Captura de pantalla 2022-01-21 001256.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Now try Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Should clear up the visual artifacts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. This solved the issue I was facing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be totally unconnected, but there have been issues with W11 and ICC display profiles [in Photoshop], its worth updating W11 to the version described here to see if it helps:

Heres some background on windows 11 issues.

Photoshop call for display profile on Windows 11, the background and info about an forthcoming fix

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/color-management-not-working-with-pho...

yamma_ma

Community Beginner , Nov 12, 2021

There are several Win32 API functions to get monitor profiles, but among them, the GetICMProfile and EnumICMProfiles functions have a problem that does not work properly on Windows 11.

Photoshop seems to be using GetICMProfile in the Adobe Color Engine DLL. I guess that's why Photoshop can't get the correct profile of the monitor.

Microsoft now have a fix:

Here's the list of fixes that Microsoft is testing for Windows 11 c build 22000.466.png

 I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: Co-Author:Getting Colour Right
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines