Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2023 camera raw does not open photo in photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gjjohnson5 wrote:

Photoshop 2023 camera raw does not open photo in photoshop

We need a lot more information from you to even start helping:

What OS, version of ACR, type of camera raw (from what camera), steps you take and the results.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say if you are PC or MAC based. I'm on a PC and opened Photoshop 2023 just now for the first time since the updates.

To open a JPG image straight into Camera Raw:

File>Open As and in the file type I chose Camera Raw. This opens the image in Camera Raw before entering into Photoshop.

Within Photoshop itself I opened a JPG:

Filters>Camera Raw Filter and this also opened as expected to allow editing.

Can you explain further what your problem is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem. Raw files that I have added masks to using the new version of ACR will not open directly into photoshop from the ACR editing window, unless, in Bridge, I right click to "Open with Photoshop". Then I will be taken to the ACR editing workspace and then to Photoshop via "open". On the other hand, if I double click on the file in Bridge, I go to the ACR editing workspace, but the "open" button just closes the file. This only happens with files that contain ACR created masks.

On a Mac, with most things fairly up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been resolved? I've reinstalled adobe and cleaned out the old versions. Double click from Bridge into ACR wont open image, but just acts as if you clicked "DONE". As above, I have to Right Click and open in photoshop and then ACR will open into photoshop. iMac Pro latest software, Adobe 2024 update, Nikon Z9's NEFs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, this is a Bridge bug IF you can work correctly having Photoshop not Bridge host ACR. If that is the case, report this on the Bridge forum so that teams engineers see your post. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you don't use Bridge at all, just host ACR through Photoshop, it's OK?

If so, it's a Bridge issue and you should report this on the Bridge forum so that team sees this.

Others have reported ACR with Bridge issues over the last few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you opening? File > Open As > Camera Raw option

Please tell us about the file types you have tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, 

I just updated all my Adobe products (PS, Bridge, Raw, ID..)

Opened TIF file from bridge, RAW editor comes up, made adjustments and click OPEN........

nothing happenes... it does not inokes PS.

any suggestions ?  

note: I haven't had this problem in all previous PS versions.

I have also problem with ID 2023 not accepting "plugins" namely Blurb settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I met the same problem, I have reinstall both photoshop and bridge, the problem won't go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but I also was not able to even open up a picture file.  I deleted the camera raw.8bi file and I can at least open up picture files now.  I still cannot use Camera Raw Filter, though.  I tried downloading the latest version of Camera Raw from Adobe and ended up back where I started with the same problem.  I am using Windows 10 with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone posting here should read this post first!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,  I also am having major issues with Camera Raw opening photos into Photoshop.  Tried looking for an answer everywhere and so here I am.

Firstly I am on Windows 10 and the latest versions of Photoshop and Camera Raw, I am on the subscription program.

My issue has been opening 2 (or more) RAW photos from Bridge, by double clicking on file, into Camera Raw so that all edits are made to both photos for a similar look.  It USED TO BE that you could make the edits and then open both photos into PS by clicking Open or in my case clicking on OPEN COPIES.  Both photos would then open into PS and the work continued.  Now that doesn't happen any more.  Sometimes one photos opens into PS but not both or as in the case just now, NONE opened anywhere, At least I was unable to locate them.

I am in the middle of a project and so out of desperation I clicked on OPEN AS OBJECT.  Both files opened into PS.  I changed the Smart Object Layer into a Background Layer and was able to continue editing.  That's fine and it's only one more step - changing to Background Layer - but you know one step mutliple times a day isn't really one step.

Please fix Camera Raw so the workflow is at it used to be:  Open multiple photos from Bridge into CR, edit, Click on Open or Open Copies, open in PS as multiple photos, save and Good to Go.    Please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines