• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2023 will not open camera raw filter

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with the camera RAW filter in Photoshop 2023. When I open a file in Photoshop and try to use the camera RAW filter it does not open the filter adjustment box. It just spins and then stops, and I have to hit "enter" before I can do anything else in Photoshop. iIve tried disabling the GPU, and re-enabling. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop twice. I am running photoshop 2023 and photoshop Beta on my laptop, which have been running successfully on this laptop for several months. Any suggestions would really help me, Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Try resetting the Camera Raw preferences:
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"
See also:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, did not know it existed will try it now...Thanks

--
A good photographer needs to learn its not what you are looking at, but
what you see....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Camera Raw preferences:
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"
See also:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That got it. After deleting the preferences it works perfectly. What
happened, did the Raw get corrupt?

Thanks

--
A good photographer needs to learn its not what you are looking at, but
what you see....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preferences got corrupted. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You legend, thank you. I was totally stuck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem and it still does not do anything when i click on Camera Raw Filter, it does respond with a loading cursor for 1 second but eventually nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue suddently. I double clinck an image in Bridge to open on camera raw, whcih it does. Then when I click on the "ope"button in camera raw to open it in PS, nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and the preference rest fixed it for me after hours of trying to figure out the problem.  THANK YOU for this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks! Saved me too after 3 hours of trying diffent random things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tengo días de intentar solucionar este problema he hecho mil cosas y al fin esta me funcionó, agradezco mucho tu ayuda.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too!! Thank goodness. Appreciate this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I have updated and installed the newest versions. I go to edit/preferences/camera raw.  I get a control panel with options, but no option to delete camera raw preferences.  Lil' help... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind, LOL.  I wasn't holding down the ctrl key when I went to preferences.   All Fixed... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain what you did to get Camera Raw to open? At what point to you hold the Command key down and follow the instructions given? Outside the Elements Editor or once you have Elements Editor open. I am lost as i have the same probkem you did a few montgs ago. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, the FIX is actually really embarrassing for me (I had this problem).. i suppose you use (or ever used) dual monitor.. now plug other monitor and set it to "Extend" by pressing Window key+ P.. and there you go your camera RAW.. it kinda stuck to other screen the other day you used in dual monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with the camera RAW filter in Photoshop 2023. When I open a file in Photoshop and try to use the camera RAW filter it does not open the filter adjustment box. It just spins and then stops, and I have to hit "enter" before I can do anything else in Photoshop. iIve tried disabling the GPU, and re-enabling. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop twice. I am running photoshop 2023 and photoshop Beta on my laptop, which have been running successfully on this laptop for several months. Any suggestions would really help me, Thank you.

Visit My Website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, the FIX is actually really embarrassing for me (I had this problem).. i suppose you use (or ever used) dual monitor.. now plug other monitor and set it to "Extend" by pressing Window key+ P.. and there you go your camera RAW.. it kinda stuck to other screen the other day you used in dual monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines