Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.1.1 Text Font Lag Performance Issue

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

I just upgraded to the latest version of photoshop - 21.1.1, and now I am running into a very annoying bug which makes working with text difficult.

When I press backspace to remove what I just typed, photoshop lags and sometimes respects the backspace command.  At the moment I have to press backspace about a 100 times to remove one line of text from whatever I'm typing.

It doesn't matter which font I'm using.  Arial performs the same as all the other fonts do.

I unchecked all the type preferences and noticed that nothing is different.

So... how can I type?

I'm running the latest version of Windows 10

Thanks, have a nice day,

-  Tyler

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this issue as well. Still not fixed as of 2024 FEB. I have noticed a correlation between file size. Any document over 15mb/200M and it seems to begin this text lag situation. It struggles to arrow key through text & even deleting text with backspace gets stuck on a chartacter and just won't delete. The only work around seems to be doing operations slowly ei; Pressing backspace with at least 1-2 sec inbetween each character almost as if you need to give it time to think...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines