Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Photoshop 24.1.0 opens .dds files decompressed, without visible alpha channel

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As said in the topic, Photoshop 24.1.0 opens .dds files decompressed, without visible alpha channel. My OS is Windows 10.

Tried reinstalling, tried toying with settings. Related topics literally doesn't exist, nobody seems to have the issue or ever had. Yes, i have NVIDIA dds plugin installed.

Wanna reproduce the problem? Just install nvidia plugin, open some .dds file and ta-da. Probably.

Whenever i open a .dds file:
- title of it looks (as for example):  - layer's name is always Decompressed File
- there's only four channels (RGB, red, blue, green) with alpha missing
- texture looks blant, as if you set the visiblity to like 5% lol, what do i mean:
Whenever i open a texture that has alpha channel (which is NOT VISIBLE) it looks like this:

Where it should look like this: 

In other programs (gimp as for example) the texture opens just fine, and alpha channel is there.
I need help asap, literally asap. Anyone?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @vidasriel curious if you have reached out to NVidia's "Texture Tools Exporter" plugin to see if they have any thoughts?

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-exporter

Thank you,

Cory

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines