• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Artboards and CMYK on updated Photoshop 2017

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I set up a new document, checking off Artboards takes away my option to choose CMYK Color Mode. Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

I believe it because Artboards support was added for web development which is a RGB world not a print CMYK world.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it because Artboards support was added for web development which is a RGB world not a print CMYK world.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But WHY? Is there a place where I can find documentation that shows WHY they would not allow an Artboard to be CMYK? Is the same true for Illustrator or InDesign? Just wondering. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still appears to be an issue in Photoshop as of October 2020, and I wasn't able to find a more recent answer to this question. However, I did some testing on a workaround: 1) Set up a file, selecting CMYK at the start. Artboard option is not available at this stage. 2) Once the file is open, I turned it into an artboard (Layer > New > Artboard). 3) I double checked Image > Mode and it still appears to be in CMYK. 
Not as convenient as it could be, but hopefully this helps someone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that this way doesn't allow you to use the artboard feature as you normally would e.g. to place reference images/objects around the artboard 😞 I'd LOVE this option in photoshop for CYMK! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is awesome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so smart! thank you for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to hear it was helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there is a workaround it makes a new document without checking the Artboard box then choose your color mode and makes the new document then using the Artboard tool hidden behind the Move tool make an Artboard.
note: using the artboard tool will make your document disappear but don't worry you can use the properties panel to adjust the width and height of the artboard.

after that use your move tool to select the artboard from the layer panel and use the plus signs on each side of your Artboard to make a new artboard in that direction, now you have a document with multiple artboard and CMYK color modeScreenshot (173).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines