• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop blank dialog box always on top, won't go away unless PS is restarted.

Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I've isolated this problem to 21.2.X and later. 21.1.3 does not have this problem.) When PS is running a process (such as a Save or a Batch), the dialog box is stuck on top of everything, even if I change the app focus. Here is an example of a batch process dialog box. After the Batch process starts running, the window goes blank but is stuck on top of everything until I restart PS.

This is a problem ONLY with 21.2.X and later. 21.1.3 does not have this problem. I had this problem BEFORE AND AFTER upgrading to OS X 10.15.6, so it's not an OS issue.
Any ideas?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Have you tried resetting Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

I'm just on a chat with Adobe.

This seemed to fix it.

Just need to re-ipmport the batch actions as this reset deletes them all.

Under preferences, you need to open Adobe Photoshop 2021. There you need to rename "Adobe Photoshop 2021 settings" as "Adobe Photoshop 2021 settings.old".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On windows 10 PS 21.2.1 I can switch focus between several applications and different and same display when I switch focus back to Photoshop the batch dialog is still usable I can click OK to run the batch switch focus to other applications and see the batch running under other windows. I believe you have a problem but it not one all have.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is on a Mac. Current OSX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue... I just updated to 21.2.1 today, and it started happening immediatly. I run a batch process, then the action dialog box stays on top of everything else (blank) until I restart Photoshop. I"m also on the most current Mac OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. I reverted to 21.1.3 until Adobe fixes this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too:

I am having an annoying problem that manifest itself when I run a batch in Photoshop. 21.2.2.
My batch dialog box will not disappear after it has finished and will stay in the foreground regardless of which other software I am using? and this morning the progress bar has decided to do the same.
I have reinstalled photoshop... no change
I have rebooted... no change...
any ideas???

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 08.36.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too, thanks for posting.  as a heavy heavy batch user, this is irritating although it does go away when i quit and restart.  Running 21.2.2. on a mac.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on 22.0. I can open a new batch dialog box that will close on it's own, but the first one remains...

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 9.19.02 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue on 21.2.5 on OS X 10.15.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same really annoying problem here with Big Sur 11.2.3 and PS CC 22.3.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one that feels like there's a reverse evolution going on here lately? Instead of becoming faster, smoother the latest Adobe updates have more than anything brought lagging, weird UIs and bugs like this one. 
It feels as if the lack of serious competition is making Adobe lazy and sloppy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not the only one. I'm having the same problem in this discussion, as well the "SAVE AS" copy bug where you tell Photoshop to overwrite and it ignores and saves a copy. Bridge is great for scripting and Photoshop batching and while Bridge has alway been crash and freeze prone, currently it is not usable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening on macOS Big Sur 11.3, Photoshop CC 22.4.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try this :  Go to Preferences >Technology Previews and check Deactivate Native Canvas. Then quit and restart Photoshop; any better? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Deactivate Native Canvas" method above worked for me - at least with one test.  These kind of strang anomolies are one of the reasons I resist updating things.  There's always pieces to pick up.  Frustrating when you're actually trying to use these products to do real world work.

Well, rats.  After my initial test with "deactivate native canvas" showed positive results, the blank non-disappearing box is back to stay.  What gives, Adobe?  I've been using batch processing for probably close to 20 years, maybe more, with no issues.  Now, all of a sudden, with the latest, greatest release of your product, the dialog box won't go away after the process finishes unless I completely close the application.

Is anyone from Adobe actually on these forums?   Are you listening?  Will you fix it?  This is something pro photogs use!

Unbelieveable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tipperdon wrote:

Is anyone from Adobe actually on these forums?   Are you listening?  Will you fix it?  This is something pro photogs use!

Unbelieveable.

This is a user to user support forum. To provide feedback, bugs and suggestions about what you desire from Adobe, you should go to this URL and comment after selecting the appropriate product line:
Products

Try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 
Also see: Adobe Camera Raw graphics processor (GPU) FAQ and troubleshooting

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Happening to me also... What a pain. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 10.59.34 am.png

Just got off Adobe chat and they fixed it.

Make sure Photoshop is turned off.

Go to:

Library-preferences-Abobe Photoshop 2021 and add '.old' to this folder name.

Then go into the folder and copy the Actions Palette.psp to the desktop.

Go to the folder Library-preferences-Abobe Photoshop 2021 and then add '.old' to the Actions Palette.psp file

Got to the desktop and copy the Actions Palette.psp file and put it in: Library-preferences-Abobe Photoshop 2021

Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a batch process in Photoshop the batch pane does not close and you can not close it.

Mac Big Sur 11.4 Photoshop 22.5.1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting Photoshop preferences?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just on a chat with Adobe.

This seemed to fix it.

Just need to re-ipmport the batch actions as this reset deletes them all.

Under preferences, you need to open Adobe Photoshop 2021. There you need to rename "Adobe Photoshop 2021 settings" as "Adobe Photoshop 2021 settings.old".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that it's working for you now.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm so sorry, but I'm not totally following the instructions.  It looks like I need to save all my batch actions and then install them again by clicking the saved ATN files.  Is that correct?  Then I go into "preferences".  I don't think this means the Photoshop preferences window.  Sorry if my questions are dumb. 😞   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines