• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop brush stroke moving canvas?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, whenever I try to make a brush stroke in Photoshop CC 2018, it moves my canvas as though I'm using the hand tool rather than actually putting down a brush stroke. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Intuos3 tablet drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop with all of my preferences removed, I've tried resetting my tools to see if that would have any effect and have had absolutely ZERO luck.

I did a test run with Krita to make sure it wasn't a tablet issue and my brush strokes worked 100% fine in that program, so I think this is a Photoshop specific problem. If anyone has any pointers, please, please, please, help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is an issue that only recently came up and I haven't the slightest idea why it might be happening.

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Hi

No need for any of this now. Microsoft have now issued an update to fix the issue that they caused . See link in this page from Adobe:  Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 117 Replies 117
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG thanks so much cassieg28962861, this totally worked for me- just in time, I was about to lose my nut- got a big deadline this morning and couldn't do anything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get into cmd prompt? And type the code

Please help designer in need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Click on the Start Menu and type cmd, then right click on the Command Prompt icon and choose Run as administrator

cmd.jpg

cmdadmin.jpg

Then just copy and paste the line and hit return

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wooowww.. it's worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a HUION tablet. The wacom fix does not work for it. I'm not sure what to do other than roll back the update. : <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try the registry fix I pointed out in this thread

Photoshop - Wacom - Latest Update Bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

卸载更新 KB4093112 即可

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The TXT  on settings worked. Thank god!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having same problem with my Photoshop CC 2017.

Please help me to find , which solution should I use for my Photoshop CC 2017 version.

I am stuck with my project   just because of this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Nain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You have two choices

Either

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location

C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 Settings

3. Go to the Wacom tablet properties and for Photoshop under Mapping  uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

Or

1 Select everything inside the quotes here (don't include the quotes): “reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f”

2 Copy it with Ctrl + C on the keyboard.

3 Type Windows Key + X (together), a menu will appear

4 Then type "A" on the keyboard. That will give you an elevated administrator PowerShell command prompt.

5 Paste the command you copied into that window with Ctrl + V

6 Hit "Enter" on the keyboard

7 Reboot

If you choose the first option you may need to enable hidden items

hiddenfiles.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

all of a sudden my pen has completely stopped working. I used option 2 in your post awhile ago and everything was working. If I used option 2, do I need to some how reverse it? I'm so frustrated with this issue. Thanks for your help.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I seem to having the same issue with my Huion for Autodesk Sketchbook, only with the pan issue reversed, and the the control buttons are out of whack (undo will close Autodesk). I was wondering if there may be a solution for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I had the same problem but managed to fix it through directions from Microsoft community support. They said to do this and it worked immediately for me

If you encounter this issue, you can resolve it using the following steps:

1. From Start, search for cmd
  2. Right-click Command Prompt in the search results, and choose Run as administrator
  3. At the command prompt, type or copy/paste:
    reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
  4. Press Enter

After the command executes, the issue with panning and scrolling should be resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, man. Sorry your having this luck and the same exact thing you discrib has happen to me. It turns out it was the new Windows 10 secuirty update on April that was interfering my Photoshop making only scroll. I was mad as hell trying to figure this out but I did.

How To Uninstall and Block Updates and Drivers on Windows 10 - YouTube

This video will teach you how to unistall it. Easy as 1 2 3. If it still isn't working, downgrade your Photoshop to the 2017CC version. 2018 has too many problems for tablet users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to undo the Windows update.

Either use the PSUserConfig.txt file and disable Windows Ink in tablet properties  or  use the registry fix issued Microsoft. In either case, type exactly what was posted.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I used both the PSUserConfig.txt file and the registry fix issued Microsoft. That stopped the canvas moving problem but killed my pressure sensitivity. I am on a surface, I don't have a tablet. Is there anything I am missing. I haven't uninstalled the windows update.

Thank you so much for your help.

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi those fixes are alternatives. You should not  mix and match.

So either disable windows ink, which resolves the canvas issue and add the PSUserConfig file which restores pressure sensitivity....

or

Apply the registry fix from Microsoft which changes the behaviour of Windows Ink back to previous

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave!!!!

the PSUserConfig is the one that initially disable pen sensitivity. I removed it and everything seems to be working!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I apply the Microsoft registry fix? I used the PSUserConfig.txt file thing and now I have wavy lines in Photoshop, so I'm looking for another solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

The latest update fixed my canvas. But now I noticed that my lines are jagged instead of smooth. Sorta how it was like before I had wintab. Should I uninstall it and reinstall it?

Thanks,
Surface Pro 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

No need for any of this now. Microsoft have now issued an update to fix the issue that they caused . See link in this page from Adobe:  Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update (K...105)  fixed the moving canvas problem but now I'm seeing my lines/strokes as jagged/blurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You should be able to remove WinTab and restore Windows Ink now

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I did the windows fix a while back and it worked great. All of a sudden yesterday my pen completely stopped working. I noticed windows put out an update to fix the original problem.

Do I need to reverse the fix that I did? It was the one where you past the text into the command window.

Thanks Dave,you've been so helpful! I'm so tired of this problem.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines