• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cannot save file due to program error

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the most recent update to photoshop two days ago and since then I have hardly been able to save my files. I'll start working on one and when I click save, it says "Cannot save (name) due to program error". I'll click okay, try again, and get the same results. This doesn't happen with any other programs and my computer is fairly new and doesn't have much saved on it. There is nothing of interest in my photoshop error data log. I'll often have to copy what I was doing, close and quit the program, then re-open it, paste, and save immedietly in order to get it to save, which becomes very frustrating when I'm working on multiple layers. Sometimes it'll work to save if I turn off the opacity on all of my layers, but not always.

I've also ran a disk cleaner, rebooted my computer, and reinstalled photoshop. None of these have helped.

I'm honestly clueless as to what I can do next at this point. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Hello, you should update to Photoshop 22.1.1 as it fixes the issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

If the update does not appear in the CC app, go to help>check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had similar issue updated and now all I get is api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll is missing. Unable to open any version since last update and I'm pissed. With all the money this company makes it's unexcusable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  I need to save my file in order to enter a contest today, looks like I will now miss the deadline.  Funny thing is, I have the one file open that has been buggy all day, but I am able to open other jpg files, alter them and save them, but the first file I opened today, that I have literally worked on all day today, I cannot save.  I do have a saved file, but I have no idea how long ago and how many layers ago that was.  I am beyond upset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue! So much for the holiday cards I'm trying to design 😞 I already had allowed full access to the disk. Hoping reverting to the previous version will work for me in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2563-12-16 at 11.26.26.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I did find a workaround.  If you turn off all your layers, you can save your file.  I shut Ps all the way down, brought it up again, and I could work on my file again and save it.  I do not like this glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AWESOME!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had today this very same issue and had to disable one layer in order to save the file. I tried disabling different layers, it worked as long as one of the layers was disabled. Weird. I then shut down PS and tried to enable all of the layers and save the file. No luck. Got the same error. If I disable one of the layers, it works. Urgent help is needed!

Working on Windows 10 latest update, Photoshop 2021 latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also experienced the same thing

Try Save Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S for saving file .jpg & .png.

But not working for saving .psd 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you should update to Photoshop 22.1.1 as it fixes the issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

If the update does not appear in the CC app, go to help>check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have Photoshop 22.4.2 and I'm having the same saving error message. The ONLY workaround that I have success from is SAVE AS and then changing the file name. Since I save OFTEN, this is a terrible workaround -- especially considering how much I pay annually for Adobe Creative Suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded to 22.5.1 and am now having this issue. Is the suggestion that I should roll back to 22.1.1 until they fix it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It could also be a shape in your file.. convert that shape to smart object and your issue should be resolved ... i figured out the issue by switching off every layer and then switching on individual layer and saving it as pdf .. once you switch on the visibility of the the problematic layer and try to save it as Pdf .. it wont allow you to save..!!! convert that layer to smart object and VIOLA ...!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines