• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Canvas freezes when zooming in and out. Have to restart to fix it.

Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the newest version of Photoshop (23.4.2). I have updated both my graphic card drivers and my drawing tablet's drivers, without solving the issue. It happens while I am painting, always when I am zooming in or out. I can use the rest of the software like open settings, but nothing I do to the canvas actually happens, as if it were frozen. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, please let me know. 

Looks like this has been an error since 2020 and has not yet been fixed.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-freezes-when-zooming-and-dr...

Windows 10 Pro version 21H2

Ryzen 7 3700X

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060

G Skill Ripjaws 2x8GB 3200Mhz

I am using an empty 1TB drive for scratch disks. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Denas Rakauskas sorry to her this. Have you rolled back a version to see if the issue goes away?

A couple things to try:

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist? 

(Masks) - Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cory!

The problem seems to have gone away on its own, without me trying to do any of the things you've suggested. It's strange, because I had tried restarting and reinstalling without a fix. Thanks for your help! If the problem occurs again, I will try these solutions for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines