Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop cc 2014 crashing as soon as you turn it

windows 8.1 64 bit hebrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 108 Replies 108
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After multiple attempts at uninstalling/re-installing PS CC(2014) (Windows 8.1, 64 bit) I finally tried deleting all the files in SLCache because renaming it produced a request for re-installing PS. After deleting the files (these are hidden files so I used Windows Commander to delete them) PS CC (2014) runs flawlessly. With a GS210 GeForce graphics card by the way, which is not on Adobe's meaningless "approved" list!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after i try almost everything mentioned above, theweissguy's method actually worked like a charm.

thank you sir!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2014 Jun 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried a million things and this... the programme asked me to reinstall after renaming the SL_Cache folder to SL_Cache_Old. Then I simply changed the name back and opened PS CC 2014 again (as a test) ... Voila!

It works again, although the folder is named SL_Cache again, but seems it needed that little push to remember what it's got to do 😉

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Workd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2014 Oct 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original problem was that when I launch PS CC 2014 I get a message asking me if I want to migrate presets.  The application freezes.  I have to manually shut down computer, no force quit accessible.  I did what you offered with the SLcache and now when I launch the app still freezes but I do not get the presets message.  thanks   Bill M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm also having Photoshop CC 2014 issues. It crashes about 5 seconds after launch. I've got Photoshop CC installed alongside, and it does ask if I want to migrate preferences and I have said no and yes, and it fails every time no matter the answer.  I also tried starting it with CTRL+SHIFT+ALT to delete the settings file to see if that helps; it doesn't. I've signed in and out of Creative Cloud, I only have the one video card, with no integrated video and it's a AMD Radeon with the latest drivers. I'm using Windows 7, SP 1 64-bit.  I did have initial trouble installing it and it told me to repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable x86/x64 before it would install. Which i did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so it was probably a multi-prong issue. Even though Microsoft and AMD said my driver was up-to-date, Dell said it wasn't. Plus my bios needed updating. So definitely check your computer manufacturers website. Everything is fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow... Creative Cloud won't even uninstall. Just freezes at "Uninstalling Creative Cloud Desktop" window... been there for more than 30 minutes now. 😐

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sup guys, for me, all CC 2014 apps were crashing (PS, EN, PR, AE & AI)  So I pretty much started from scratch, then I finally got all my CC2014 apps to work.

Here's what I did:

>Uninstalled all CC apps (since I was updating CC to CC 2014)

>Uninsalled all CC 2014 apps

>Uninstalled CC App Manager

>Downloaded & Ran Adobe_Creative_Cloud_Cleaner_Tool> Clean All

>Reinstalled CC App Manager

>Reinstalled desired CC2014 aps

>Ran Whatever Windows Updates were to be installed

>Went on NVIDIA's site and detected that both my Graphics Card required an update

>Restart> They still crashed

>Renamed SLCache to SLCache_old as suggested above

>Got error 16 due to that^

>Renamed SLCache_old back to SLCache

>BAM they all work now.

Long ass hassle but they all work now.
I have a full wedding movie due on Wednesday so it was worth the couple hrs this BS took to get fixed.

------

Alienware Aurora R-4

Windows 8.1

32GB RAM

512GB SSD Boot

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz

2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and solved it when I updated the AMD radeon graphics card. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone can take a look, I've tried every suggestion in this thread (including the SLCache trick) and still nothing. Seems that there are still registration errors when I have a valid account, according to the log: amt3.log - Pastebin.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Crashes approximately 10 seconds after it starts up. Running dual AMD Radeon HD 7470's and yes the drivers are up to date. Windows 7 64 bit.crash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and like the crash report says, the problem is in your ATI/AMD video card driver -- update the driver from AMD's website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here & I don't have time to toy around with solutions that may or may not work. Is there a bug fix coming from Adobe soon? This is pretty ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll throw my hat into this pile too. Same error as has been previously reported. Photoshop CC 2014 64bit crashes on launch with the Windows popup error, "Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 has stopped working" etc.

Windows 7 64bit. nVidia K2000D, all updates installed.

Incidentally - the previous version of CC ran fine until this update. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both versions, but no 64bit version of Photoshop will run. However, both the 32bit version of CC and the 32bit version of CC 2014 launch and run with no problems. This, combined with the fact that users with nVidia, AMD and Intel graphics chipsets are experiencing the same issue seems indicative that this is more than a manufacturer driver issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that only 64 bit versions crash mean that the problem is most likely caused by a 64 bit specific driver.

Not everyone is experiencing the same problem - just a lot of people see "crash on startup" and assume that they all have the same problem (even though there are at least 4 different crashes mentioned here, plus a licensing database issue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^ ^

I'm using a brand new PC as well - made sure all drivers are up-to-date, before disabling then re-enabling them...

Adobe CC and all the other apps were installed as soon as the new PC was being set up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost every one having a Driver issue has Already updated his graphic card driver as i did

and the issue is still there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spent six hours last night fiddling with CC over this and ended up getting the 64bit version of Photoshop to work. What bothers me is that I didn't do anything different than I had already done. The nVidia drivers are the same drivers I've been using - 333.11 (released May 2014). Just another round of uninstalling every app from CC, running CC Cleaner, and reinstalling. Good luck everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long story short:  this is probably a video driver issue for most users.  BUT, the solution may not be the same for everybody.  In my case I had to install the "beta" AMD Catalyst drivers from the AMD website.  This was the only thing that worked.

Long version:

I am using Win7 64bit with an Radeon 75xx series video card on a Dell 9010.  I did everything suggested in previous posts except for installing the beta drivers, and nothing at all worked.  Updating the video drivers with those I pulled them from Dell's website did not work.  Updating the drivers from the "official" driver install (14.4 in the name) from AMD's website not only didn't work, but my computer got stuck in old-fashioned VGA mode.  Out of desperation I launched Photoshop CC while in VGA mode and Photoshop suddenly worked.  Obviously running in VGA mode is not an option, so in desperation I installed the beta AMD Catalyst Drivers currently on the AMD website (14.6beta) and FINALLY Photoshop is running for me. Normally I would *never* recommend installing beta drivers for anything, but in my case this was my last ditch effort and it works (so far...)

Hope this saves a few of you the 8+ hours I've spent this week trying to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2014 Jun 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I pretty much have the exact same set up as you and was trying what everyone else suggested and nothing would work! I did what you suggested and it is now working! Thank you for posting your fix! It definitely saved me further hours of frustration! ~Pam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue - but I have no clue about beta drivers - I hope Adobe comes up with a solution for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything in this thread and am still having the problem. (Windows 7 Pro, SP1, up to date video driver)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue. I chatted with Adobe help twice and finally got an answer. They had me go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\ and then click on the Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 folder. Inside the folder they had me change the name of application called "sniffer" to sniffer_old. Then run Photoshop CC 2014 as an administrator. It runs great now.

No guarantees that it will work for everyone but I got the same errors everyone else was getting and it fixed it right away. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOLY COW! Renaming that file fixed it!  Thank you so much for the instructions.  I am going to test everything out today.  If I have any problems I will be sure to report back.  Thanks!

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines