Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop cc 2014 crashing as soon as you turn it

windows 8.1 64 bit hebrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 108 Replies 108
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legend - changing sniffer to sniffer_old fixed mine - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had success with renaming sniffer.exe.  I didn't have to run Photoshop 2014 as administrator either - it just came up and ran after I renamed sniffer!

Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming sniffer just means that Photoshop is no longer checking your video card driver for problem before running.  Your video card driver most likely still has serious bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point! It most likely does mean that there are some issues with the video cards. From the extent what I investigated (not to mention the fact that previous versions of CC worked fine prior to the CC 2014 release) it appears Adobe has been having issues with a great deal of video cards and drivers. I look forward to them fixing the issue in the near future, but until then this is a quick fix so that we can all start using the 2014 version of Photoshop CC without it crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2014 uses more of the GPU than CC did, and we've found more bugs in drivers that we now test for.

But the increased OpenCL usage appears to be tripping up more drivers than before, and causing out of date drivers to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Always nice to hear that Adobe and its employees are listening to users and working on it. Looking forward to a more permanent fix. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also find it interesting that Premiere CC 2014 doesn't have the same issue and it should be harder on a video driver than Photoshop.  Premiere 2014 runs fine on the same laptop that Photoshop 2014 wouldn't (before I renamed the sniffer.exe program).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi read this thread but I can't still figure any solution

I allready rename the sniffer.exe

I have all the Envidia G-force updatings ok

but it doesn't work

any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have a possible fix for you. All of my CC 2014 applications were crashing, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc. I update graphics drivers, emptied the SLCache folder, everything that was mentioned in this thread I did, including uninstalling all CC apps, running the CC Cleaner tool and re-installing Photoshop CC 2014. I was still crashing after the splash screen.

What got it to work for me was allowing full control to the SLCache folder. Here is what I was told to do.

1. Navigate to "Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache"

2. Delete all of the contents of this folder, including hidden files.

3. Go up one level to "Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe"

4. Right click on the SLCache folder, go to properties.

5. On the General tab, make sure "Read Only" in not checked.

6. Under the Security tab, click "Edit..."

7. Highlight "Users" in the Group or user names box.

8. Make sure the "Full Control" permission is Allowed (checked).

9. Do the same for "Administrators" and "SYSTEM" selections as well. (I went ahead and made sure every group/user in that list was allowed full control.)

10. Click Apply, Ok for the two dialog boxes.

11. Open your program and see the issue is resolved.

That got at least Photoshop CC 2014 working. I am currently downloading Illustrator to see if that will work as well. I will report back if not. Thanks to Manoj Kumar for the help through Adobe Chat help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2014 Aug 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This solved the problem for me, at least for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2014 Aug 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything else to try? I've done all that has been suggested and nothing is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the detailed crash log so we can see why you are crashing.

And please note that almost every previous report here turned out to be caused by an outdated video card driver...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find the detailed crash log? I'm getting the same error message as posted above, "Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud 2014 Has Stopped Working." I'm not given a choice to look for fixes.

I updated the video driver, uninstalled and reinstalled CC and it's still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As previously explained, look in the Windows System Event Viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the detailed crash report. Please forgive my ignorance but this is a new system to me and I've been trying to install all day with no luck. Capture_crash_report.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2014 Aug 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as you can already read in that report, your Intel video card driver is crashing.

Update the driver from Intel's website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is still stuck with this. You might find this thread useful...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2014 Aug 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd been having this issue too, compounded by the fact that windows 8 is totally new to me (and for some reason I can't upgrade to 8.1). I have both the Intel and Nvidia cards enabled, and so went to look at the Nvidia control panel. In there I noticed that photoshop was set to use the nvidia card by default. Once I switched this to auto: integrated, all was well. And I was able to switch between my laptop screen and desktop monitor without a hitch. And no crashes from Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding Windows 8.1, which would be good to update to, if you can figure out a way to, run the Windows Upgrade Assistant to tell you what might be preventing the upgrade. I found that an old scanner program wasn’t compatible with Windows 8.1 and had to uninstall it: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/upgrade-to-windows-8

See item three “Can my PC run Windows 8.1”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried running that upgrade advisor and it wouldn't run It said it was incompatible with the version of windows 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you’re running the Windows 8.1 Upgrade Assistant, not the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant, which is for Vista and XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am using a Windows 8 64 bit computer and I have download Photoshop CC. Once I've installed the software, I open CC as usual but it forced quit straight away saying:

Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 has stopped working: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Here is my event log:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 15.1.0.148, time stamp: 0x53d97a8f

Faulting module name: igdfcl64.dll, version: 8.1.0.2828, time stamp: 0x50185087

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000008059c3

Faulting process id: 0x18bc

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfc1a3ae07cceb

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\igdfcl64.dll

Report Id: f364441e-2d96-11e4-bec2-3085a9268982

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

If anyone can give me an idea of what's going on, what software I need to update that will be great!!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as you can see in the report, your Intel video card driver is crashing.

Update your video card driver from Intel's website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 8.0.1.21, time stamp: 0x53c7b17f

Faulting module name: PrRegistration.dll, version: 8.0.1.21, time stamp: 0x53c7b026

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000008508

Faulting process id: 0x1edc

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfce774660bba2

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014\PrRegistration.dll

Report Id: 85222599-3a6a-11e4-a56a-3417ebb978db

Please let me know how to resolve this. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines