Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop cc 2014 crashing as soon as you turn it

windows 8.1 64 bit hebrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 108 Replies 108
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to fix the problem, for me at least.

I have an ATI card, and I was using the default display drivers that come with Windows 7 for it.

Upon installing the updated radeon drivers from ATI's website (the catalyst software and all), it no longer crashes for me.

This may not fix it for everyone, but it worked for me at least.  I have Visual Studio installed, so I was given the option to debug after the crash; turns out the crash occurred in some ATI dll file, which lead me to think it might be an issue with my driver.  I hope this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to thank CaptainGowa for sharing.

I updated my ATI card with the newest Beta Drivers and PS seems fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop cc 2014 got hung when I browse the preferences.

Need to shut it down by task manager. After that I had to restart the computer to re-start PS.

Wit 7 32 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the event log for my crash - can anyone make any sense of it?

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 15.0.0.58, time stamp: 0x536b438e

Faulting module name: igdfcl64.dll, version: 8.1.0.2932, time stamp: 0x50c924e2

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000809283

Faulting process ID: 0xfb8

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf8bd85cc92120

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\igdfcl64.dll

Report ID: c8d38b88-f7cb-11e3-be78-e03f49b82f29

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your intel video card driver crashed -- update the driver from Intel's website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have solved the problem on my PC - hope this can help someone. The event log shows it was the Intel Graphic Card causing the problem. There were no available updates for it so I just went into Device Manager (Windows 8) and disabled it, leaving just the Nvidia Geforce card installed. Photoshop finally opened as normal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot kbristo!! your solution seems to work for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kbristo!  I was having the same problem with my cintiq companion.

Went to the Device Manager as you said, but instead of turning off my Intel Graphics Card (since it was the only card there), I just updated the intel graphics driver and photoshop cc 2014 seems to be okay now.

Prior to this, I was experiencing the same symptoms:  ps crashing right after starting, with no message except that it crashed.  Flash cc seemed to start fine.

Running on Windows 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya Daniel,

Are you seeing the crash when you launch the Hebrew application or when you install the Hebrew application?

Todah,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It crashes when I launch Photoshop

I have an NVIDIA video card 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this too... I'm using a ATI HD Radeon, i updated the drivers, tried to disable like kbristo said but nothing... I was working with a Mac before, but many softwares of creative cloud crashes.  Many people said: That is a problem of OSX, it's not responsability of Adobe. Now so many problems with windows.

I will be honest... The conference of yesterday was a BIG FAIL, everyone saw the audience reactions, one thing or other ok, but the majority of releases are simples updates. A two hours event to present a digital pen?

Adobe unfortunately have fear to launch a true 3d software. Many investiments in the 3d plataform of photoshop , realy people? A 3D Printing of a photoshop vector? Are you kidding me?  Guys you are soo amazing for be limited to this... Adobe needs a 3D plataform now! The cloud is a amazing idea in my opinion, but the apps need work well, in Mac and Pc. Invest in what really matters and not make a event like yesterday. I'm embarrassed for this, cause I'm a great fan of your work.

Sorry for my English!

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the graphics card worked for me too, except i couldn't live without it so i enabled it. I enabled it about an hour ago and photoshop is still working!! Thanks kbristo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked fine with me as well... update the nvidia drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest drivers and I don't have an onboard card to cause any conflicts, photoshop still doesn't work for me. 
I do hope Adobe are doing something to rectify this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with a Sony Vaio laptop running windows 7 Professional.  I have an Intel Graphic card, but it indicates my drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update the drivers from Intel's website?

Or are you checking the years-out-of-date drivers from Sony and Microsoft?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same problem on an hp running windows 7 professional. I don't know how to check and update my drivers or anything, and don't want to make the situation worse. can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Photoshop shuts down right after splash screen is displayed.  I tried updating the drivers and that worked - for a minute.   I rebooted, started PS and it started up just fine.  I then ran Lightroom and PS immediately shut down and is now back to the same problem.

Adobe needs to get this figured out ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richg8011,

Please try the following:

Rename SLCache to SLCache_old from these location to fix the issue.

Windows 64: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

Windows 32: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

Mac:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Once done launch Photoshop.

Let us know how it goes.

-Pragya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this is working for me. My logs are saying something about a registration error, but I have a valid CC account. The programs all start up and then within 5 seconds, they crash and I get no error messages. Windows 8.1 / 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scagg486,

Can you try signing out and signing back into the Creative Cloud Desktop app? Sign out, Sign in | Creative Cloud Desktop app

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that. Also updated my NVIDIA graphics driver to the latest version. The only thing I haven't tried is to re-install the Creative Cloud app and sign in again. Will try that when I get home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed out and back into Creative Cloud and it made no difference - Photoshop 2014 still crashes a few seconds after starting. The other updates for other Creative Cloud programs appear to be working OK.

Jim Caldwell

-

"Pete.Green" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Pete.Green created the discussion

"Photoshop cc 2014 crashing"

To view the discussion, visit: https://forums.adobe.com/message/6488235#6488235

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~Pete.Green

Photoshop CC2014 is still crashing for me...

So far I've:

• restarted my PC
  • disabled and renabled my video cards
  • uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled
  • signed out and signed back into the Creative Cloud Desktop app
  • tried renaming SLCache to SLCache_old from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

None of the above has worked - Photoshop is still crashing - regardless of how I open it...

I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise on a 64-bit Operating System

All other apps I've downloaded from the creative cloud are working i.e. Illustrator, indesign, acrobat and the bridge

Please help, this is beyond frustrating...

~Pam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines