Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 Export As Desktop folder bug

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Windows 10 64bit and Photoshop CC 2015 with all latest updates installed. I have an issue when i follow these steps:

If i use Export As or Quick Export and save on Desktop folder then all subfolders on Desktop open in a new window.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 137 Replies 137
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started happening to me two days ago... None of this has worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I found another workaround. At least it's working for me.  I hope someone finds it useful:

1. Pin a shortcut for cmd.exe to the taskbar.
  2. Right click the shortcut on the taskbar and you will see a list that includes “Command Prompt” and “Unpin this program from the taskbar”.
  3. Right click the icon for Command Prompt and select properties.
  4. In the box for Target, go to the end of “%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe” and add "/C explorer c:\users\your-user-name\downloads" (without quotations).  The updated Target will look like this:
    %windir%\system32\cmd.exe /c explorer c:\users\your-user-name\your-favorite-folder
    Obviously replace "your-user-name\your-favorite-folder" with whatever folder you want to open.  You may need to add double quotes around the path if your folder name includes spaces.
  5. Optionally click "change icon" and navigate to c:\windows\explorer.exe.  This will allow you to select a folder icon instead of the default cmd icon.  Icon update will take place after you restart the explorer process or reboot.

Using this shortcut to open explorer window does not seem to be causing this bug - all folders seem to open in the same window as intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(sorry my bad english) None of the solutions posted here worked for me, as a last resource i try performing a system restore, (with no hope of it actually working) but it did! So try it, for me it worked perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as a last resource i try performing a system restore, (with no hope of it

actually working) but it did! So try it, for me it worked perfectly

That's what I call a determinedly committed bug exterminator willing to go

out on a limb in the name of irritation-free desktop content creation right

there ladies and gents.

I salute you Sir. If only all the annoyed had the stones to obliterate this

Adobe bug with such determination and commitment as thee. Maybe then we

would have wiped this tinkering parasite from the face of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maxresdefault.jpg

haha very funny, i'm just saying that i had not consider that option at first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! This is also my first time posting here on the adobe forums.

Well, I've just upgraded from CS6 to the newest version after a long time and when I wanted to export something this error/bug happened. Since I wanted to export the file to my desktop, this is driving me crazy. I can't believe that now almost half a year passed and there still isn't a fix for this problem! I have tried out every "fix" here but nothing has worked so far. If there would be at least a statement from an Adobe-Staff with a fix for this included or something... >.<

Paying 60$ per month for this bugged out program...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a programmer. A big part of my job is hopping around files. A LOT. But I'm also the graphics designer for the team, and this bug is literally the worst part of my day, every day.

Yes, it is reproducible. Yes, deleting the NavPane registry key does fix it until the next save.

We know the problem. We know the key that causes it. We know the menu option that instigates it.

Why is this still not fixed after more than a year? This is literally the definition of a stop-ship bug. A bug that impedes the user's ability and expected workflow without any explanation or side-effective benefit.

If this bug were a side effect of how Windows does something? Sure, I'd accept that. Big bad Windows 10 broke the feature.

But it's not. This bug doesn't exist in Illustrator or any other Adobe software. It's unique to Photoshop and it's so annoying that I'm looking at alternatives despite having used Photoshop for over a decade.

This isn't hard to fix. This doesn't require a lot of rebuilding and retooling... Please Adobe, just patch this already. We're not asking for a few feature and we're not talking about an obscure bug that can't be tested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming up to a year later, and this problem has still yet to be addrssed.

Can we at least get an answer as to what is happening here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following any Windows update, you'll need to run the fix I outlined again: Re: Photoshop CC 2015 Export As Desktop folder bug . I don't think this will ever be fixed by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't work anymore. still opens up two new windows, regedit and permission solution did not help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I now see this was reported in October 2015, over 1 YEAR ago!! Crazy!

I have updated windows and uninstalled Photoshop and creative cloud the the folders still are not working right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to say that i have had this problem to for over a year... The more that complain the better. right?
Please fix it ffs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, issue still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting to the point where I might just cancel my Adobe subscription, since nobody at Adobe can solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always thought this was a Windows 10 problem, until I googled.

Please fix this issue, this problem is persistent since 2015!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I found what seems to be a decent work-around. Someone in this thread mentioned that when it happened, the folder always came up with picture tools tab. So in the "Customize" tab of "Folder Options," I changed the folders to "General items" instead of pictures and - so far - it has fixed the issue. It's a little annoying because I typically would prefer it to be formatted for pictures, but it's better than the maddening insanity of it opening various folders willy-nilly.

Hope it helps someone else! This problem sucks! Adobe get off your butts and fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having this problem for well over half a year-- super annoying and I assumed it was a Windows issue until now... After a year and a half of reported occurrences from a sizable group of users, still no fix from Adobe? Come on!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have been afflicted with this bug. This is outrageous Adobe. You're a big company, I get it, but this is an important issue that has yet to be addressed in 2 YEARS!! As a last ditch effort to get Adobe's attention, I've started a Change.org petition (no, I'm not joking). Please click here to support it and get Adobe to do their job. Hopefully, this will do something. Please share the petition on any/all of your social media platforms and share it with other people you know who have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having this problem for two year, finally took the time to figure it out.... and here we are. 

The hell adobe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been suffering this problem for months but have always been suspicious of the proposed "fix" here involving the NavPane registry key.  The problem only affects certain folders tainted by the Photoshop export function, not everything on the system, and the NavPane registry key is clearly not specific to a particular folder or set of folders.

So I investigated where Windows Explorer stores information about view settings on a per-folder basis and it appears to be elsewhere in the registry using a set of keys called "Bags".  See, for example the description at Windows 10 Forums​.

It could well be that Adobe has already fixed this problem in Photoshop itself, but the wrong information is still stored in the Windows registry for the specific folders that have already been tainted by Photoshop.

This morning I cleared out the "Bags" settings in my registry using the commands listed under Option One (Reset Folder View Settings of All Folders) in the link above and all is looking good so far. You may want to give this a try as well.  I will update this post if the problem returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried the .bat file you linked, still getting the folders under \Download\ to open twice (a fckin total of 3 windows every time I open one).

This is unbelievable. Adobe just keep ignoring this. Sent a message a few days ago to the muppet who said it wasn't a bug and he didn't even come back to me. I'm so pissed off I have no words to describe it. Fck Adobe seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that I had to delete the "NavPane" key as well as the "Bags" keys in the same RegEdit session and before restarting Explorer.  Also make sure you have no Explorer windows open when you do this.  It appears these keys get recreated automatically by Explorer and you need to be careful to clear them all out simultaneously.

Of course I could be wrong, but this procedure has worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been able to delete the Bags keys, but couldnt find any NavPane. Unfortunately the issue is still there... so frustrating.

Of course thanks for your help anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add this to the other similar statements in the .BAT file:

Reg Delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Modules\NavPane" /F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man that is somewhat helpful, now the batch file does fix the issue, but once I open PS and quick export something I have to run the .bat again or the problem comes back 😕

Still the best solution so far, thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines