Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 Export As Desktop folder bug

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Windows 10 64bit and Photoshop CC 2015 with all latest updates installed. I have an issue when i follow these steps:

If i use Export As or Quick Export and save on Desktop folder then all subfolders on Desktop open in a new window.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 137 Replies 137
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmnn, that doesn't happen for me!  Are you running the latest version of PS?  Before the November 2016 update, PS used to open a new Explorer window to show the file when an export completes.  That was, I believe the root cause of this problem, where PS messed up the registry values for Explorer.  With the later releases of PS, this shouldn't happen.

See https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/dont-open-an-explorer-window-after-quick-expo...​ for more information (expand the conversation and view all replies to that post).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 2015.5 as we have had a plugin built for us based on this PS version so I never tried to update as I'm afraid the plugin won't work anymore. Also Adobe never announced any fix for this issue so it never occurred to me to try an update. I'm going to try the update on another machine which has the same issue, then I'll report back

Thanks again for your time, you've been way more helpful than Adobe themselves!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a bloody legend... it worked! Also our custom plugin turns out to be working just fine on CC2017 too, so I can now live a frustration-free life once again Thank you so much stranger!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!  I was as frustrated as you by this issue but just had more time to investigate and fix!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@everyone I have found one and only one true remedy to this issue.

I have found one and only one true remedy to this issue.

I switched to using a totally different file manager. I'm currently using FreeCommanderXE.

It was the only way to stop this nonsense completely.

On top of that this new file manager has dual pane and tabs support. So it works better for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience is that if you delete the "Bags" registry keys as described in my earlier post (15 May) as well as deleting the "NavPane" registry key as described earlier, the problem goes away entirely.  Since doing this a month ago, I have not experienced any problems with the standard Windows Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the Bags info!  It was critical in getting this finally handled for me. One thing that may help others: even with the newest BAT file, the issue wouldn't resolve for me until I also unpinned everything from Quick Access in the navigation pane.  I was able to then repin things without issue.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped with this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All this NavPan thing won't solve anything for all folders or for good

after sometime folders again are opened in new windows

for some my folders it won't give any affect in the first place (still new windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah definitely solution with deleting navpan key from registry DOESN'T WORK (works only for some first double-clicks after removing and then it becomes the same as it was - starts opening new windows again)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a working Fix for this? I got it work for while by removing NavPane key, and running the linked .bat file.

But problem is back again, and those fixes does not work anymore. Totally frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its 2018 and i still have this problem.,. Sometimes it even f**ks up my windows explorer so hard that it start opening the folders twice and even seen it open a folder three times.. Come on adobe, are u here?? 3 years later and this is still a problem?? The navpane stuff doesn't work for me anymore.. Please someone save me!, it makes it a spam fest to use my computer.. What do we pay for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:
I've unfortunately run into this problem intermittently again. It has some connection to multiple file explorer windows being open and multiple desktops or monitors. It also seems to only happen for one specific folder now. Beyond that I'm really not sure. Frustrating but nowhere near as bad as it was before.

----

It is fixed in the 2017/2018 update, but installing the new Photoshop version doesn't fix Windows Explorer if it's already messed up. First make sure your Photoshop is up to date (Help->Updates). I thought mine was auto-updating, but it wasn't and I only realized that recently. I had a similar struggle getting rid of this bug a couple weeks ago. Full disclosure, this fix involves messing with your registry in ways that I can't guarantee won't break something (BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE YOU START), but what worked for me on Win 10 64 bit with the latest Photoshop CC update installed was this:

• It starts the same as the previous registry hack mentioned in this thread
  • Open regedit.exe from Run
  • Navigate to: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Modules\NavPane
  • Delete the NavPane key
  • Now the additional stuff
  • Right click on the 'Modules' folder and select Create->New Key
  • Name it NavPane
  • Right click on NavPane and choose 'Permissions'
  • Change the permissions of the key so that nothing can write to it
  • That means for each and every Group/User, "Read" should be checked and "Full Control" should be unchecked
  • Don't check "Deny" for "Full Control" because that will block reads as well
  • Exit regedit and reboot. You're done.
  • Enjoy the simplicity of being able to open your folders without going insane

If you only did the previously described fix (delete the key NavPane), now Windows was just re-creating the same key upon reboot. Not sure why that changed but it seems like a Windows update changed the way it handles that key deletion. Even if you delete it and recreate it, Windows was still stuffing the old value into the new key - which is why you have to set it to read-only.

As with all registry hacks, BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE YOU START. I make no guarantees and take no responsibility for how this will affect your system(s), but I can tell you that I performed this exact fix on my system roughly 2 weeks ago and it has been blissfully smooth sailing ever since. I can even use the proper Photoshop Export (as opposed to Save for Web) without worrying about the bug returning! I know how incredibly frustrating this bug is so I hope my hack can get you all sorted out too.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this worked for me. But completely broke being able to open an image in the default Windows Photo app and then use arrow keys to go to the next image in that folder. Unfortunately for me this is even worse than the original bug.

WTF Adobe its 2018 and you have known about this issue since 2015!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines