• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 crashes on opening

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed the update for Photoshop CC 2017.  Using Bridge to process the Raw file, Photoshop then opens and when the Photoshop screen appears, the notation "Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 has stopped working. Program then closes.  Uninstalled Photoshop and then re-installed, but same problem arose.

I tracked down an XML file from the update buy do not know how to add that to this discussion,

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Please refer the article below to solve this issue Photoshop crashes with Lavasoft Chrome extension installed

You may also simply rename the file LavasoftTcpService64.dll to Old.LavasoftTcpService64.dll located :-C:\Windows\system32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll and that should fix the problem.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 137 Replies 137
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

super geweldig jippie i am happy thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Fixed mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW - Tks!!! The tilda in front of the spaces folder absolutely fixed the crash problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice find, thanks for fixing what adobe is seemingly unable to comprehend even. what a nice company, quality software, quality programmers, outsourcing from all around the world, creating this amazing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, sharing this definitely helped me. Thanks very much for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx bro it work for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have a spaces folder so I put a Tilde (~) on the File Formats folder and it worked just the same!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~That's the ~oddest thing.

~worked for me

~though there is still a graphic setting out of whack.

~at least it will launch now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me right away!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir (or madame), are a life saver. I've been trying to resolve this (along with my IT department) for weeks. Renaming the Spaces folder worked! Fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop would open, and then freeze about 5 seconds later. I tracked it down to happening when the Creative Cloud App was loaded. So I closed the app, killed all running Adobe programs in Task Manager, and then from then on Photoshop would open and run fine.

When PS was freezing though, when I killed it with Task Manager, it would throw up an error about Spaces crashing. So it seems to be an issue with Spaces and the Creative Cloud app and Photoshop interacting with each other, somehow....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2017 crash when i click photoshop online help same problem or F1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to find lavaloft things in mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I updated my windows with :

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3200970)

After that, Photoshop CC 2017 worked for me. (FIXED) Mine crashed last time despite having no Lavasoft dll or installation. Clearing caches did not work.

But here I would like to note that if you want your preferences to remain, launch Photoshop as admin and set your preference. Launching without admin would not set the preference to be remembered. Also, CTRL+Z does not update the viewport with the undo changes, I have to zoom or click something else for it to update, but CTRL+ALT+Z updates the viewport instantly.

Thats all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, on my Windows 10 system it will then allow Photoshop 2017 to be launched and it works; but it then also blocks my internet connection and I can no longer access e-mail, printers and other vital programmes. So the fix is not really a fix, is it? When is Adobe going to seriously do something about this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it solve my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, now I have solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do we have AGAIN an issue with LavasoftTcpService64.dll ? Also Premiere Elements had a problem with this DLL. Acept, that there are other program on our PCs. Renaming or delete another SW can't be the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!! this works inmediately!!!

also it fix an illustrator issue!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the solution for me. I think I installed Lavasoft accidentally with Filezilla FTP Client. Thank you for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not having any joy. Still experiencing this frustrating issue even after doing everything suggested in this thread.

I have reset preferences.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop cc 2017.

I have searched for but cannot find LavasoftTcpService64.dll - this file is not in my System32 directory however I am still experiencing the following error: Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 has stopped working.

Event Viewer reveals the following:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 18.0.0.53, time stamp: 0x57fde9fd

Faulting module name: EasyRedirect64.dll, version: 2.3.3.1, time stamp: 0x54eef9bc

Exception code: 0xc0000095

Fault offset: 0x000000000000bc22

Faulting process id: 0x3b4c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2479bf15c6488

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\EasyRedirect64.dll

Report Id: 92423254-191c-4e6e-a7ad-a7a7c53f52d0

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I am unable to use the 'Edit in Photoshop' command from Lightroom - which is crucial to my workflow! This option is now greyed out!

Can someone please help ASAP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me was to put a ~ in front of the “Spaces” folder.  This folder should be found in C:\\
Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-Ins\

If that doesn’t get you going I have no clue what to suggest.

Bill Junk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Renaming my Spaces folder to ~Spaces got me past that Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 has stopped working alert.

Agreed, LavaSoft has nada to do with this particular issue.

Thank you, sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, as far as I've been able to determine, LavaSoft stuff has nothing to do with the real problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines