• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 Unusable slow

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my Photoshop to CC 2017 today and since the upgrade it has been very very slow. When I click on File menu the dropdown menu appears like after 3-4 seconds. When I delete layer it take about 10 second. Zoom in and out are terribly slow. I work on Photoshop everyday hope to get the problem resolve as soon as possible.

Is there a way to downgrade to earlier version?

My computer details:

Windows 10 Pro

Processor: Intel i7-5960X

RAM: 32 GB

Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

SSD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 403 Replies 403
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understandable frustration from everyone here, but both Adam and Pete have offered to send out engineers to look at machines in order to troubleshoot this and I think it is therefore difficult to argue Adobe is indifferent to the problem. Obviously they can't travel thousands of miles but its a decent gesture none the less.

Just a simple thing to try

Logout of Creative Cloud and turn your router off, now restart Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Terri,

I can't turn off my router as I'm on a corporate network. I have noticed however, that I have the same issue on my home PC.

I have logged out and back into creative cloud, as well as logging out of the pc, and restarting the PC. That hasn't helped. I've also updated my Nvidia drivers, and still no joy. I know this is only a theory, but I think the problem stems from the software attempting to access the network for everything that is does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does closing the library panel or disabling auto-save do anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the first things I always do is close the library panel. I never use it.

I've turned off auto-save. I'll see if it makes any improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I offered to have someone come out and look at my computer, since Pete requested someone living in the Pacific Northwest. I haven't gotten any response to my offer, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I saw your post and generous offer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of disgruntled people here and rightly so. Since already complained about the slowness of the new release, I want to express my gratitude for the "rental" access to Adobe programs. I could not possibly afford to purchase InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro; all of which I use on a regular basis... let alone updates to those programs. So thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of disgruntled people here and rightly so. Since already complained about the slowness of the new release, I want to express my gratitude for the "rental" access to Adobe programs. I could not possibly afford to purchase InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro; all of which I use on a regular basis... let alone updates to those programs. So thanks for that.

In the past, you plunked down a larger chunk for a Suite that lasted for years. I financed my first Suite on a credit card. I think it was about $800. The upgrades were fewer (and reasonable) and the programs were a lot more stable because of that. For my last upgrade (CS5) I got well over 5 years use. Today you have to spend $600 EVERY YEAR for the same set of programs, along with a few you'll never use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Creative Cloud was good for Adobe, but not for customers. It was expressly implemented for recovering revenue lost to due customers skipping upgrades, and doing "every other" rather than every one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now we can still do the same, we just have to pay for it. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Photoshop only, as I recall, not long before they came out with the monthly subscription for all the programs and it was quite a bit more expensive. I found some pricing as of 2010, and the suite was $1899 (??), so considerably more than when you purchased. Again, there was no way I could afford to lay out close to $2000 for the suite of products knowing that additional upgrades would be costly as well, In fact, if you look at the pricing from 2010 via this link, the cost for the four stand-alone products that I use was $2796 total. I guess you've been using the programs much longer than I have. I was only speaking for my experience when I said I appreciated the subscription.    http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/invrelations/pdfs/adobecs5pricing_4-12-2010.pdf   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, since with the the rental scheme, all that was rendered moot. Just a rant. 😉

$1899 would have been full price for the Suite (No one would buy 4 products as standalone), but notice how cheap the upgrades were. Even then - $1899 is roughly only 3 years of current rental. I got years out of reasonable upgrades. I go back to PS3. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't understand, Terri. We shouldn't have to do stuff like unplugging the router, or disconnecting from the internet or any of that stuff....having to develop "workarounds" just to get a product to work is NOT a solution. Adobe needs to own and fix this problem. Simple as that. Quality is not the responsibility of customer, it's the responsibility of manufacturer/vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I do understand Stephen and if I had the problem I'd be just like everyone in this thread and be highly critical of the company, but as a non-Adobe employee all I can do is offer things to try, workarounds and even heaven forbid suggest downgrading to an earlier version. I was disappointed with CC2017 to be honest as it was for me only a point upgrade really. The main new feature is the search functionality which is very clever but not exactly new for Mac users. Realistically rather than sticking pins in your eyes trying to get CC2017 to work properly it's better to be pragmatic and just go to the previous version. CC2017 does work well I can vouch for that, but there are factors on the machines of the people in this thread that causes it to be a disaster for them. Adobe will get to the bottom of this problem, but there is no magic wand solution and it will take time, for now just use the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Terry. I am planning to go back to 2015.5 and uninstall CC 2017. This is like the time that a Lightroom release completely screwed up the Import function, and then another time when they messed up all the ICC profiles that end-users were printing with. It's an annoying trend; Adobe is batting 0 for 3 in my book of late. Adobe should have gotten this right from the get-go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Mac developer 10.12.4 Beta on a 2014 Mini, i5, 8 G RAM. (I actually thought there would be an update...). When I installed 10.12 Beta, a number of things began to happen. MS Office 365 and Acrobat DC slowed to a crawl and it would take up to five minutes for a webpage to fully load. Spent an hour one evening printing a four-page Acrobat doc via ethernet to a HP laser printer (disconnected the USB connection - total failure) The biggest problem was with MS, where vital spreadsheets would not open at all. And with Photoshop 15.5, it was taking forever to do simple projects, with strange things happening along the way.

I mentioned above, I have been a Mac user since early 1984 and a Beta tester since later that year. If a program works, then I'll try to find a fix that might come from OTHER THAN just the program itself. [edit to add two words]

A highly respected MS "adviser" insisted that I download a profiling program that has Mac only versions. It is named EtreCheck from etresoft. If is freeware and offers five or six system scan options and the review results and information is valuable. It fixes nothing, but I saw many things that I was able to correct and by also running the outstanding OnyX, I was able to get rid of lots of problems and the reports went from "Poor" to "Excellent" and speed returned very quickly.

From the GetInfo of EtreCheck:

EtreCheck is a tool to collect important details about the state of your Mac and display the results in a single page. It was developed as part of a collaborative effort by the members of Apple Support Communities to help diagnose and fix problems with people’s computers.

The complete source code to EtreCheck is available on the EtreCheck Github Site

EtreCheck includes software from the following the following open-source projects:

INPopover - for reproducing NSPopover-like behaviour on OS X 10.6 View License

smartmontools-6.5 - for generating SMART reports View License

I suggest Mac users download and run. It will not affect your system and may reveal many items causing problems. OnyX is not freeware, but does great things in binding, cleaning what you tell it to clean and rebuilding structure. After some work, if you can boot from a backup and were wise enough to purchase DiskWarrior (the single highest rated Mac tool of all time) and install a new directory for the main boot drive, I think you will solve many problems.

Don't mean to turn this into a Mac forum, but too many users try to blame a program rather than run full maintenance on their machines, Windows OR Mac. And right now, with Sierra developer 10.12.4 Beta on a machine with only 8 GIG RAM, I have no problems with Photoshop CC 2017. (Of course, that could change in a heartbeat, but...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problems with the new 2017CC update.

I have a GeForce GTX 760/PCIe/SSE2 graphic processor. NVIDIA released an update to this driver a few days ago. I installed the updated driver and my problems disappeared. I think most users' problems are the result of a outdated GPU driver.

Please check the following link: Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

On this page, you will see a list of graphics cards Adobe tests with each new release. If you have one of these cards, check to see if an updated driver has been released. If it has, that will probably solve your problem. If a new driver hasn't been released, and your card is on the list, call the company making your card and discuss. If your card isn't on the list, you should give VERY STRONG CONSIDERATION to upgrading your card with one that Adobe tests. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an early 2009 Mac Pro running a NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB with El Capitan. PS 2015.5 works fine.

With 2017 I can't get an image to appear with out a very long lag when I try to open a file, large or small.

Adobe obviously added "features" to the 2017 program that affect my functionality greatly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 has stopped working?, error ?

my be u can try this step by step tutorials– i hope can FIX

http://www.photoshopadobe.com/

http://www.photoshopadobe.com/adobe-photoshop-cc-2017-has-stopped-working-error-fix/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried to unsubscribe from PS CC monthly plan as it won't run and I have uninstalled it.  They wanted to charge me a $58 cancellation fee for a program I am being charged $9.99/month ($120 a year).  This idiot wants to sell me into a plan for $29.99/ month.  Can't make this stuff up:

Screenshot (29).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's actually "priceless". Like one of those M$oft scammers on Youtube.

I've seen that error when the old CS6 is already installed on the machine.  We're supposed to uninstall the cs6 and use the cc6 or whatever it's called now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you have got trapped in the penalty clause for cancelling Adobe products. It is in the agreement when you sign up for a subscription but most people don't read the legal mumbo jumbo. Put simply Creative Cloud can be paid for in two ways

1) A years payment in advance

2) 12 monthly payments

You can cancel within the first 14 days without penalty but after that there is a cost.

When you subscribed you contracted to pay a subscription for 12 months. You can cancel but then a clause kicks in requiring you to pay 50% of the outstanding subscription period. So if you have 6 months of subscription left then Adobe will charge you for 3 of those months when cancelling early. I don't know where you stand legally when your product doesn't work but the legal cost of fighting against your contract would not be worthwhile. As for the salesperson trying to increase the size of your subscription that sounds plain crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonder if they can file a complaint with their credit card company, and dispute the charges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

might be worth pursuing that idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you have got trapped in the penalty clause for cancelling Adobe products. It is in the agreement when you sign up for a subscription but most people don't read the legal mumbo jumbo

I was aware of it, and it's frankly, a very dishonest (and unnecessary) business policy, which rubs salt into the wounds even more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines