Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 Brush lag

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I updated PS yesterday and everytjing was fine, but today suddenly I got big brush lags. With smoothing on or off, no difference.

Lag gets even worse while zooming above 50%.

I've restarted preferences and PC and nothing happens.

I'm losing half a day trying to figure it out and its really nervous situation. Any ideas how to fix it?

Windows 7, 16 GB RAM, GTX 970, Intel i5 4570

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Try to set smoothing to 0% on normal brush and then back to healing brush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

SOLVED THE PROBLEM

It looks like Adobe, if I'm not mistaken, added a new option in the 2019 version and by default, it's on. What worked for me is turning off "Enable Preserve Details 2.0 Upscale" under the Technology Preview preference. Let me know if this works for you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 218 Replies 218
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE MY HERO! Oh my god - thank you SO much for figuring this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You! Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% working solution. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAAAANKS !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Worked perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg.... thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooo much ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!!! After updating every dang thing and messing with all my Wacom settings, this solved my problem like a dream~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I 'solved' it. I had group inside group and I ungrouped layers from the top group and it's fine now with and without smoothing.

It's weird, cause I have document 4500x3500px @ 150ppi with about 50 layers and now with just one group- it should run smoothly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thank god !! you saved me !!

God bless you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank bro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having an issue with a pink straight line trailing under my cursor when I use my brush. How do I turn this off?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This pink line is for stoke smoothing. You have to set smoothing to 0% (with brush selected hold alt and tap 0 twice). And to disable line visibility go to Edit> Preferences> Cursors and uncheck 'Show Brush Leash While Smoothing' box,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helps, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem, its made my use of photoshop incredibly frustrating and time consuming. They better fix this soon.

I also have an issue where my brush gets stuck using the Spot Healing Brush Tool, both using the Waecom and mouse.

See attached picture, it joins one click to another and creates a line that it heals. The only way to stop it doing this is to put a 3-4 second gap in-between clicks. Its turned a 1 minute job removing spots into a 10 minute image edit. Where can I send the bill Adobe for my lost time?

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 5.40.04 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem with spot healing brush. Lag. Highly obvious and noticeable lag.

with the release of the brush not registering, and then a new click of the brush sometimes connecting to the location it should've released just before.

Very, very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too. I thought I was going crazy. Still happens sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cap 2018-11-07 09-16-39-223.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you please try to reset the preferences of the application ?

All you got to do is rename the "Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings" folder in your machine

You can find it

-on Mac : ~/library/preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

-on Windows : C:\users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

Rename it by adding the word "old" for example

Hope it helps!

Jullian M.

Adobe Customer Service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried renaming the preferences folder.

Computer was switched on, preferences folder was located and renamed. Photoshop was started and 3 images were opened. The brush ran smoothly for the first image, but by the time I was half way through working on the 2nd image, it began to lag and link clicks together on the Healing Brush tool. This took less then 10 minutes for it to become laggy.

This isn't a fix unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback!

I just had a similar case just before posting this solution and it solved the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the preferences does not solve it (PC). It start fine on restart, but shortly after few procedures,  it start to lag again (A major memory leak?). This is unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've unchecked the smoothing in the brush panel and, on restartink PS, the spot healing tool works just fine - no lag:-)

As soon as I switch to the brush tool, though, and then go back to spot healing, the lag is there again.

It looks to me that what slows the spot healing tool is to use the normal brush tool.

What I'm doing is first clean the whole pic with spot healing and adter that, if required, use the brush...

Please, Adobe, fix this!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines