• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 IGNORES TABLET PROPERTIES

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Photoshop to the latest update ( 19.0 20170929.r.165 2017/09/29: 1138933  x64)
and it completely ignores the tablet properties such as:

a) Pen Pressure (the pen no longer have pen pressure, no matter if windows ink is turned on or of)
b) Screen Lock (the tablet should lock on Monitor 1 while using Photoshop, and it doesn't)

Every other software i'm using such as Clip studio Paint, zBrush and so on are working fine.

While photoshop completely ignores them.

The previous version used to work fine, but it's been overwritten by the new one without even asking.

The software, no matter the new features, has got worse with every update in terms of performance,
stability, and usability.

Introducing the standard windows Alt key behaviour was already driving me nuts.

i still have not tried the windows ink workaround
i hope this gets fixed TODAY because as it is, PS is useless to me, and i'll be moving to
any alternative available.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Update, the previous Win Ink workaround fix pen pressure and the screen lock

Trevor.Dennis  ha scritto

hansb90361119 wrote:

If you check the "use windows ink" for wacom intous 5 (most likly all of the models) you are getting a REALLY annoying lag with zoom and pen size adjuster etc. If you turn it off, it works perfect, but the downside is the pen pressure opacity don't work.

You've turned off Windows Ink, so without supplying an alternative, pen pressure is not going to work.  You have to enable Wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked like a charm! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reporting that the directions in Post# 21 worked for me on Windows 10 Pro and Photoshop 2018,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Windows.

What is WinTab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

Just a note to say that the issues I had over tablet drivers, windows ink and photoshop were resolved by updating Nvidia graphics drivers.

That aside, the Wacom drivers often do not load properly on first boot, a reboot usually soves this.

As far as Adobe goes, I have had very slow opening of CC apps for some time. This week I reinstalled the key programmes I use. This immediately improved the start time dramatically. Yesterday Windows 10 performed an auto update. The situation is back to normal, as slow to open as ever.

Can I have my Amigas with DPAINT V back please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI. The work around at the beginning of this thread only fixes one issue. now... For instance, the MOVE Tool in Photoshop picks whatever layer it wants to pick and moves that layers object. It's frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I threw myself at this problem recently and could not for the life of me figure out what I was doing wrong...

A friend suggested I double check to see if my file name extension was active; Sure enough by default it was not and was registering the text file as PSUserConfig.txt.txt ~ To which conflicted with this fix.

After I set things properly the fixed worked! So keep this in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Interestingly, it usually happens when I start making an up-and-down stroke. If I make a left-to-right stroke first (and continue to keep my pen on the tablet) I then can paint in any direction without the image moving. Sometimes, however, if I start moving my brush quickly, the image moves even when starting right-to-left.

This is making Photoshop essentially unusable for some tasks.

I haven't seen anything that sounds like a real solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution was contacting Windows Support directly.  They installed the latest Windows 10 and now all is working as it should.

The tech on the other end did it remotely and it took about 2 hours for the whole thing to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem with my tablet. When I zoom in, vertical brushstrokes grab the screen and move the image around.
I have always been able to find work-arounds for my PS problems, but this one is just beyond me. None of the proposed solutions have helped. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be a world-wide issue.  A friend of mine in Israel also has the same problem. 

My solution was contacting Windows Support directly.  https://support.microsoft.com/

They installed the latest Windows 10 and now all is working as it should.

The tech on the other end did it remotely and it took about 2 hours for the whole thing to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me on Win 7 and Photoshop CC 2018.

What I found as a newbie was that I had not changed my brush settings (!!!) so I thought the sensitivity was not working. Great tutorial here for n00bs - Customize Wacom pen and pressure settings in Photoshop tutorial - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overall I have noticed, If i keep wacom AND photoshop to their respective LATEST drivers/updates - things seem to work. Probably there is some kind of tie-up between the two companies (it will be ridiculous if there isnt any!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the Newest CC2019 and the answer Correct Answer by guidos50720937 on Oct 20, 2017 7:34 AM Still works. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs to be redone every time Photoshop has a major update. I've just done it with CC 2019 and can confirm it works.

It's hard to believe that after so much time Wacom and/or Adobe haven't fixed this, but at least there is a workaround. I've had constant problems getting pressure to work ever since I started using tablets with Photoshop two decades ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an XP Pen on Deco 01 V2; Photoshop pressure selected but it will not work with the pen. Mac OS Catalina, PS 21.1.1.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Adobe Photoshop 2020 and I had the same issue. What worked for me was to reset my Photoshop settings completely by holding down CTRL+SHIFT+ALT. This fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines