Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019 Corrupted file

Participant ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop_corrupted.jpgUntitled-1.jpgHi

I routinely work with large files saved in psb/large document format) up to about 4Gb with no problems.

I have a file, which is much smaller than the usual PS size that Im used to working with - 1.5Gb, but wen I used a smart layer, and the path blur, I first got a small grey rectangle on the final image. I had done this operation with no problems several times previously.

Now almost all layers in the file have been sliced with grey squares  - please see attached reduced size image. 

I've had similar previously when working with a smart layer and path blur - the combo does not seem to be working correctly in some circumstances,

Can I recover the file, or do I have do start again?

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pppeepo,

Sorry to hear that, could you try creating a new file and apply the same effects, then see if the issue persist?

Also, please let us know the operating system version you're working on.

You may also try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and see if it helps.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply Sahil.

I've re-done my work now, but am steering clear of smart filters if possible. I've re-done the work and created the blur on a new layer works absolutely fine with all settings untouched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, the issue might be related to the Graphics Processor, please check the following articles to know more:

GPU troubleshooting Photoshop - https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

GPU Compatibility Check Photoshop - https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the links. Sorry I forgot to say that I'm working on a Mac with a Radeon graphics card, which I'm assuming is supported by Photoshop. This is only the second time that this has happened in about 5 years, and Im working on big files on a daily basis.

No other software seems to be affected, so Im putting my money on this being a PS bug....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines