• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC deadlocks PC

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I upgraded the ssd drive, using Photoshop CC(Both 22.5.8 and 23.4.1) completly deadlocks the system(no mouse movement nor keyboard input, sometimes reset button takes more than 5 seconds to force restart PC) within 2-3min upon opening any files. And I couldn't find any solution yet what is exactly causing the deadlock in first place. This is what I tried so far:
Turned off GPU processing

lowered cache tile size

DDU and reinstall graphics driver

Reinstalled NVMe driver

Uninstalled NVMe driver

Reinstalled Photoshop

Reinstlled Adobe CC

Refreshed Windows 10 using media creation tool

Deleted Photoshop profile at appdata

None of them gave any anvil and still using CC version deadlocks the PC.

Another thing is I don't have any problems with CS6 version of Photoshop, and CC Illustrator(26.3.1) also runs just fine. Prime95 and furmark also can be run without any problem and I don't experience any other system problem otherwise.

Can anyone help me with this?

System Info is in the attachment.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

If you are still experiencing some crashing, you may want to try turning off Camera Raw's GPU settings to see if that has an impact (which are separate from Photoshop; you can access under Edit > Camera Raw:

MarkDahm_0-1657728661441.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search other threads on here about NVIDIA. Your situation sounds similar. Some people posting can't use any version of Photoshop right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is that deadlock still happens even after GPU processing is turned off. If it's a driver or GPU compatibility issue then turning off gpu in the photoshop settings should've resolved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Reonasa , are you using floating document windows, or text, coincidental with the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently Photoshop has been reverted to default, but usually I do use Photoshop with floating windows and most of the time projects do contain some forms of text so I think yes. Did CC changed the way handles with its fonts and texts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I have cleared out the font cache and opened the project that doesn’t contain any text and the issue still occurs. First time Windows deadlocked upon launching Photoshop, the second time I deleted 22.5.8 and downloaded 23.4.1 instead, it ran. So I turned off GPU processing and adjusted memory to 60%. Opened up a photoshop document file that didn't have any text and Windows deadlocked as soon as I hover over the menu bar for drop menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Reonasa which menu; text menu, or any other?

Photoshop tries to render fonts in the menu, so trying to see if maybe it's font-related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Reonasa , and I'm seeing at least one other person noting issues with floating windows AND with text, and the problem occurs when the GPU is turned off, then back on; trying to establish if this is your case or not. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mark.Dahm Menu is from the top menubar(toolbar?) where text like File, Edit, Image, etc... can be found. I turn on the GPU processing again. The program itself did launch without locking, though I didn’t load any documents yet since that’s when the deadlock starts to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mark.DahmOK, It seems iGPU in the CPU indeed causing the deadlock. Disabled iGPU in the bios and so far no deadlock is happening other then random program crash here and there(which is fine for now). I seriously don't know why in the earth iGPU is acting up even if use gpu setting is turned off let alone noting is even connected to it, and CS6 version of Photoshop was not triggering the deadlock. Still thank you for the help I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Reonasa , Ah, sorry for not catching that. That integrated GPU is from 2013, and a lot has changed over the last 8 years; not surprising at all that the drivers for that hardware are probably very old, and not able to work well with modern PC standards. Good call to make it go away in device manager. 

Thanks for getting back to me; I was still looking for the next rock to turn over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are still experiencing some crashing, you may want to try turning off Camera Raw's GPU settings to see if that has an impact (which are separate from Photoshop; you can access under Edit > Camera Raw:

MarkDahm_0-1657728661441.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines