• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC V20 Missing Transform Bounding Box

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I updated my photoshop to the latest version (v20) yesterday. Since then, when I hit cmd + T to free transform a layer, there is no bounding box. I have the "Show Transform Controls" box checked. I have preferences set to show the "reference point location." I realize there are a lot of keyboard shortcut updates, but I can't figure out how to get that bounding box back. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

You can also reset Preferences from inside Photoshop in one click:

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 2.51.23 PM.pngWhen you select the object make sure "show transform controls" is selected on the top toolbar. this fixed the problem for me. Hope this helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

They've updated the "What's New" page with instructions on how to revert to legacy functionality, under the "Transform proportionally by default" section:

Transform proportionally by default

Photoshop now transforms all layer types (such as pixel layers, type layers, shape layers, bitmaps, Placed Smart Objects) proportionally by default.

When transforming a layer, you no longer need to hold down the Shift key while dragging a corner handle to resize a selected layer to constrain its proportions. Anytime you drag a corner handle during transform and move it, the layer resizes proportionally. Holding down the Shift key now resizes non-proportionally when you drag a corner handle during transform.

To resize a layer proportionally during transform, do the following:

1. Select the layer(s) you want to resize in the Layers panel.
  2. Press Command + T (Mac) / Control + T (Win). Alternatively, choose Edit > Free Transform.
  3. Drag a corner handle on the bounding box to resize the layer.
  4. Commit the changes.

New and enhanced features | Latest release of Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This adds a step that will add hours to my workflow. I want the bounding box to show withouth having to hit command T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Press the Ctrl+H and it will show the bounding box to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried cmd + H and that didn't help. I haven't changed the preferences because I am ok with the update, but I need the bounding box to be able to see what I'm doing. So far, none of the changes I've made to preferences have made my bounding box reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Well It does work for me.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

crtl+H only displays a pink box around the the object or text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work for me. I am frustrated. I have done everything on this thread and I still can't see the text bounding box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi klo,

We're really sorry for all the trouble. Could you please try and reset the Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps.

To know more about resetting Photoshop preferences, please refer the following link: Preferences in Photoshop

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This so far has been the only thing that has worked in getting the transform tool to be visible!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try enabling this option in preferences and restart Photoshop

Untitled2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried it, but even after restarting I have no bounding box in transform. I restarted, opened a new document, used the paint brush and tried to transform. Still no bounding box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried reinstalling Photoshop?

If not, then uninstall Photoshop > restart your machine and reinstall it via Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sad to report I have uninstalled, restarted my computer, installed via Creative Cloud, and still am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and tried all of suggestions above! So frustrating!! I did find if I put a marquee around the object I was trying to transform and hit command T, it works, but thats an extra step we shouldn't have to do! 

Adobe!! Please fix!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue, with no bounding box appearing for layers or text objects. I changed the preferences back to "Legacy Compositing," restarted, and then created a new file. Once I created a new file, the bounding box appeared....I'm not sure what actually happened, but it appears to be working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, since the latest update, instead of a bounding box whenever I try to transform any layer, it just pops a pink circle in the middle of the image, and I can't find any edge of the layer what so ever...Is this somewhat similar to what you are facing klo1986 ? I have yet to find a solution as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! The pink circle is the "reference point location" which you can turn off if you prefer to not have it there. It's under Preferences > Tools > (last check box) Show reference point when using transform. I don't mind it, but like you said, I am still missing the bounding box. No solution yet, but continuing to try suggestions! If I find a solution I will definitely post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. After deleting the photoshop preferences everything worked again.

(Win: Strg +Alt + Shift; Mac Cmd + Alt + Shift – press directly direkt after clicking the photoshop icon)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

annikab27736489​ - Did you lose the new features when you did that such as the cmd + z for undo? I hate to lose the new features in the latest version, but without a bounding box I can't use the new version anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. As far as I checked, all new features are still there. But you will have to rearrange your tools and windows, because  it will be all set back to standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also reset Preferences from inside Photoshop in one click:

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That finally worked. Sorry for the late response everyone. I'll mark this as solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What ended up working for you? I've tried everything listed and still can't see the bounding text box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got the crop boundries to appear after re-installing and clearing the Photoshop preferences. "To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you startPhotoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferencesfiles are created the next time you start Photoshop."

I still can't see the text boundaries. Can anyone provide suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines